Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just got home from my son's baseball game not too long ago. They won, that was fun. After dropping him off to warm up I ran over to Costco and picked some stuff before the game:

I'll probably slice the pork loin to chops tomorrow.

That prime beef loin though:

It's in the fridge to dry. I'll probably slice a couple steaks off Sunday, and the rest I'll leave in the fridge for awhile.
    You are living large up thar!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Tossed a few simple chicken thighs on the egg. Relaxing after a seemingly long 4 day week.

BTW I used to be all about Tito's when it came to vodka, but this Costco 1.75 for $12.099 simply can't be beat. Super smooth stuff.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options

Overnight butts. Slept like a baby thanks to the DigiQ. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    17th st bbq nachos for lunch 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Now the hard part, waiting .

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Restocking.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • 4littleeggs
    Options
    First time with the Himalayan salt block
    It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
    Wi
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @bgebrent - wise move to monitor the one closest to the back but the piggies could mess with you anyhow.  I'm sure you are on it.  Enjoy the outcome.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - wise move to monitor the one closest to the back but the piggies could mess with you anyhow.  I'm sure you are on it.  Enjoy the outcome.  
    So true Cap!  Thermapen gets some use.  The back butts in the cooler.  The front but is at 197.  Cheers brother.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Restocking.

That looks tasty. Should I wrap my probe leads with foil? (things that sound dirty but aren't) A lot of you guys do and I would like to inquire as to the benefit.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Just changed the brake pads and rotors in the heavy Chevy... kinda embarrassed by how long I let those things go. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    JUst got home.  1&1
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    We're softball playing today. 1-1-0 thus far. Gotta win the next one to play at 8am tomorrow. Can I hope we lose?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @GATraveller, the thinking is the foil may extend the probes life.  I’m not sure but is easy enough to do.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GATraveller said: 
    That looks tasty. Should I wrap my probe leads with foil? (things that sound dirty but aren't) A lot of you guys do and I would like to inquire as to the benefit.

I do and may be overkill (kind like belt and suspenders) but I figure a little extra heat shielding has only got a plus side unless you can't get a good seal with the dome closed.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,115
    Options
    Trying to find a soft place to sit.  My butt is sore ...

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    Options

What about the poor horse...Gotta be experiencing some serious swayback ache...  =)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,115
    Options
    lousubcap said:

What about the poor horse...Gotta be experiencing some serious swayback ache...  =)
    Haha! You sound like my wife.  She always tells me she feels bad for the horses :)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I just took a butt out of the fridge to make mojo carnitas. 

Well it smelled like death so its now up in my field. Im waiting for some yotes. Rifle is by the door. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    steak 

I stood up and applauded. Bravo!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina Now that is the way to get it done.  Great crust.  Nailed it as evidenced by the money shot.  Congrats.  
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Joe Buck calling golf - hate it.  Michelle Wie's putting stance... B)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Joe Buck calling ANYTHING - hate it.  Michelle Wie's putting stance... B)

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina daaayyyum that’s a good lookin steak

check out the cut of animal used in this fine chorizo...

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @JohnInCarolina daaayyyum that’s a good lookin steak

check out the cut of animal used in this fine chorizo...

Does that chorizo salivate?