Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - I Smoke Pork Butts

Options
SloppyJoe
SloppyJoe Posts: 406
I smoke pork butts.  I voted for Trump.  I'm not a racist.  I'm not sure if Roseanne is a racist, but people say far worse on Twitter everyday.  I especially despise and dislike Keith Olbermann.  

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    Pretty sure we’re still a few hours away from Friday, but aight.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    OK...

And Roseanne is a pig, not sure I'd smoke her shoulder though.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
     I might be drunk, but at least I'm not on Twitter.   However I did think it was Friday,,,, so......   Sorry Buffalo.  
  • DMW
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
     I might be drunk, but at least I'm not on Twitter.   However I did think it was Friday,,,, so......   Sorry Buffalo.  
    Then how do you know that "people say far worse on Twitter everyday"?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    DMW said:
    SloppyJoe said:
    Then how do you know that "people say far worse on Twitter everyday"?
    I'm not on Twitter tonight ........
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    In Roseanne’s defense, I will say that it’s a fine line between the sort of racism that gets a hit TV show cancelled and the sort that gets you elected President.
  • DMW
    Options
    In Roseanne’s defense, I will say that it’s a fine line between the sort of racism that gets a hit TV show cancelled and the sort that gets you elected President.
    https://youtu.be/Uyay0nH7L3c?t=1m40s

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It's 2018. You just can't go around calling black people Monkeys in public and expect to keep your job. We'd all get fired in a heartbeat if we said that at work around the wrong people.  Trump's destroying the country, but not because he is or isn't racist, but because he's making everyone else hate our guts. Even Canada. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    People need to be more polite and respectful of each other.  There's no reason for anyone to call another person an ape or a c*&^.    It's ok to have differing political views.  And if you can't have an intellectual conversation without name calling, then stick to the things you have in common with that person.  
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I'm not sure if Roseanne is a racist.  

I don't know if she's racist either, but man am I glad to see her exiting stage left. 

I feel sick for her coworkers.  That's a couple hundred people who hit the lottery with a hit show - and Barr torpedos it for everyone with her off set antics. 
    Phoenix 
  • DMW
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    People need to be more polite and respectful of each other.  There's no reason for anyone to call another person an ape or a c*&^.    It's ok to have differing political views.  And if you can't have an intellectual conversation without name calling, then stick to the things you have in common with that person.  
    These are not the same.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SloppyJoe
    Options
    DMW said:
    SloppyJoe said:
    These are not the same.
    I didn't say they were.  
  • DMW
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    DMW said:
    SloppyJoe said:
    These are not the same.
    I didn't say they were.  
    Cool. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Samantha Bee called Ivanka a **** because her father’s policies are separating kids from their families at the border.   Roseanne suggested Jarrett had apes for parents because... why?
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    Samantha Bee called Ivanka a **** because her father’s policies are separating kids from their families at the border.   Roseanne suggested Jarrett had apes for parents because... why?
    Uhhhh   I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's because she's not very smart.  It was rude and disgusting. I hope she's truly sorry but I have no idea what's in her heart.  She screwed up and it has hurt a lot of people and her coworkers.  

Same with Samantha Bee.  You can disagree and dislike Trump for his policies, but there's no need to take it out on his children or to use that word.  

My point is...  everyone needs to chill and start being more respectful of others.  It's ok to have different views and opinions.  
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:

Same with Samantha Bee.  You can disagree and dislike Trump for his policies, but there's no need to take it out on his children or to use that word.  

She didn't take it out on his children, she took it out on a senior member of his administration who is supposed to have direct influence on those sorts of policies.
    NOLA
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited June 2018
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    SloppyJoe said:

She didn't take it out on his children, she took it out on a senior member of his administration who is supposed to have direct influence on those sorts of policies.
    A senior member of his *family* who just got granted 50 trademarks in China for things like, amongst others, FORKS. Forks!! In China!?!

aint no tariff on forks, mah peoples...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    Judgy McJudgersons
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:
    Uhhhh   I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's because she's not very smart.  It was rude and disgusting. I hope she's truly sorry but I have no idea what's in her heart.  She screwed up and it has hurt a lot of people and her coworkers.  

My point is...  everyone needs to chill and start being more respectful of others.  It's ok to have different views and opinions.  
    Agreed:

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    SloppyJoe said:

Agreed:

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    It's 2018. You just can't go around calling black people Monkeys in public and expect to keep your job. We'd all get fired in a heartbeat if we said that at work around the wrong people.  Trump's destroying the country, but not because he is or isn't racist, but because he's making everyone else hate our guts. Even Canada. 
    Hopefully, you’d be fired for saying that even amongst the “right” people. 

As a Canadian, I will agree that Trump is doing nothing for the U.S.’ image on the international stage. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I really don’t get the trade war with Canada.  Seriously, WTF
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Joe Biden will be in Louisville next week for a speech and interview. I will be there to see this event. Should be interesting to gauge the crowds response. I have been told it is sold out.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Joe Biden will be in Louisville next week for a speech and interview. I will be there to see this event. Should be interesting to gauge the crowds response. I have been told it is sold out.
    Run Joe run.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• YukonRon
    Options
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Run Joe run.
    Hind sight is 2020

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Run Joe run.
    Hind sight is 2020
    He wouldn’t have gotten very far, in all likelihood.  I like Biden a great deal but he was never a good campaigner for himself.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Gee Whiz.  I belong to a few forums that have my political slant.  I come here to discuss err pork butts, brisket , ribs. UNC vs dook,vs Uk, among others. I don't really care about politics.  I know I'm a noob and have no right to judge but really what bourbon are you drinking ?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Gee Whiz.  I belong to a few forums that have my political slant.  I come here to discuss err pork butts, brisket , ribs. UNC vs dook,vs Uk, among others. I don't really care about politics.  I know I'm a noob and have no right to judge but really what bourbon are you drinking ?

Whistle Pig here.  You?
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Run Joe run.
    Hind sight is 2020
    He wouldn’t have gotten very far, in all likelihood.  I like Biden a great deal but he was never a good campaigner for himself.
    We are working the event for the radio station. I think what he says will be interesting. 

He is his own worst enemy, but not as galvanizing as HRC. Given the action of the DNC, in the last election, specific to primaries, nobody besides the eventual DC had much of an opportunity, or so it seems.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Run Joe run.
    Hind sight is 2020
    We are working the event for the radio station. I think what he says will be interesting. 

He is his own worst enemy, but not as galvanizing as HRC. Given the action of the DNC, in the last election, specific to primaries, nobody besides the eventual DC had much of an opportunity, or so it seems.
    I’ve seen you express this sentiment several times here, but frankly I don’t buy it.  The DNC didn’t steal 3M+ votes from Sanders and hand them to HRC.  You can argue they tilted the scales in her favor, and that’s fine, but three million more votes are hard to overlook.