Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - I Smoke Pork Butts

Options
2»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Joe Biden will be in Louisville next week for a speech and interview. I will be there to see this event. Should be interesting to gauge the crowds response. I have been told it is sold out.
    Run Joe run.
    Hind sight is 2020
    He wouldn’t have gotten very far, in all likelihood.  I like Biden a great deal but he was never a good campaigner for himself.
    We are working the event for the radio station. I think what he says will be interesting. 

He is his own worst enemy, but not as galvanizing as HRC. Given the action of the DNC, in the last election, specific to primaries, nobody besides the eventual DC had much of an opportunity, or so it seems.
    I’ve seen you express this sentiment several times here, but frankly I don’t buy it.  The DNC didn’t steal 3M+ votes from Sanders and hand them to HRC.  You can argue they tilted the scales in her favor, and that’s fine, but three million more votes are hard to overlook.
    Perhaps.

Given the preferential role played by both the media and the DNC, are you not mildly surprised the margin  (actually 3.7 MM approx <13%?) was not wider? She had the advantage of both, in all 57 voting areas. Some races were close, others not so much for either candidate. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,020
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    Joe Biden will be in Louisville next week for a speech and interview. I will be there to see this event. Should be interesting to gauge the crowds response. I have been told it is sold out.
    Run Joe run.
    Hind sight is 2020
    He wouldn’t have gotten very far, in all likelihood.  I like Biden a great deal but he was never a good campaigner for himself.
    We are working the event for the radio station. I think what he says will be interesting. 

He is his own worst enemy, but not as galvanizing as HRC. Given the action of the DNC, in the last election, specific to primaries, nobody besides the eventual DC had much of an opportunity, or so it seems.
    I’ve seen you express this sentiment several times here, but frankly I don’t buy it.  The DNC didn’t steal 3M+ votes from Sanders and hand them to HRC.  You can argue they tilted the scales in her favor, and that’s fine, but three million more votes are hard to overlook.
    Perhaps.

Given the preferential role played by both the media and the DNC, are you not mildly surprised the margin  (actually 3.7 MM approx <13%?) was not wider? She had the advantage of both, in all 57 voting areas. Some races were close, others not so much for either candidate. 
    I didn’t vote for her in the primary Ron.  This was a change election, and as an establishment candidate in a lot of ways, she had some headwinds.  I think Bernie’s message resonated with a lot of folks.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Maybe you can say, "I like pork butts, and I can not lie!" That would be pretty sweet!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Well the next one is not far away.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    What Roseanne said was racist. The fact that you don’t know if it was or not says either you are or you have a serious issue. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Joe Biden.....Talk about a racist 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95