Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Done Buying Pizzas

Options
Made a pie tonight.... Homemade everything and I'm done buying pizza, making my own from here on out.

Doylestown - Pennsylvania

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Picture perfect!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nice work!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Gwizrace
    Gwizrace Posts: 74
    Options
    What’s you setup?
    Cheektowaga N.Y      LBGE,PRIMO XL, COOKSHAKE fec100,TRAEGER PRO 34,
    Hunsaker Drum,WEBER SMOKEY MOUNTAIN 22.5,Bbq Guru Dx2,Cyberq Could 
  • Gwizrace
    Gwizrace Posts: 74
    Options
    Your*
    Cheektowaga N.Y      LBGE,PRIMO XL, COOKSHAKE fec100,TRAEGER PRO 34,
    Hunsaker Drum,WEBER SMOKEY MOUNTAIN 22.5,Bbq Guru Dx2,Cyberq Could 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Winning. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Same =)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice work!
    The only way in my opinion...truth....with all the rain lately, made pizza in the oven twice this past week. Not bad! ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • smokeybreeze
    smokeybreeze Posts: 216
    Options
    Yep, since we got the BGE, my lively bride of 30 years tells me that we should not go out to eat since we eat better at home (plus our bar makes the perfect drinks for far less).

Note, that I'm the chef of the house, but she does make a couple of killer meals herself.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nice work!
    The only way in my opinion...truth....with all the rain lately, made pizza in the oven twice this past week. Not bad! ;)
    :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,268
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My wife over my shoulder: “That looks amazing!”

Scotty, I can only imagine you are somehow able to channel that unbridled energy from your profile photo right into those amazingly focused cooks of yours.

Well done. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congrats!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Good work. Pizza on the egg will ruin you to 95% of pizza restaurants. Try making your own dough, it is even better!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Making za today for memorial day and western conf finals gathering.   Hopefully itll turn out.   I did start dough last nite , left on counter all night and this AM put in fridge    stand by
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Yes I would... u nailed it
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • ScottyTooHotty
    Options
    @westernbbq make sure you take the dough out at least 3 hrs before you cook... You don't want your dough cold before you're cook
  • ScottyTooHotty
    Options

Made a couple other pieces today. A white ricotta and margarita with ricotta.
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    What recipe did you use for the dough?
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @ScottyTooHotty, i did exactly that.  One hour on counter then two hrs proofing box.  Used roccbox qnd minimaxn.  RB was much easier to control.  

I did take picts.  They are on phone and thats charging so ill post picts here manana
    Pizza was a huge hit
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @ScottyTooHotty, those zas of yours look artisan
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Made a pie tonight.... Homemade everything and I'm done buying pizza, making my own from here on out.

Awesome looking pie!  No doubt that pizzas at home on the egg  are way better than store bought and I have made this statement many times. In the end though, even a “bad” store bought pizza is relatively good and in a pinch you can’t beat the convenience and hence I still order pizzas on rare occasion and likely so will you. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    That's funny, I've come to exact opposite conclusion that even though egg pizzas are much better, they are a pain the neck and instead of making egg pizzas every Friday I'm going back to the local joint here where I can get consistent results without question. I'll still make them every once in awhile but after last Fridays pain in the neck pizza cook I'm done with them as a regular weekly thing.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.