Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Missed the Royal wedding

Options
2»

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Well, not everyone was b!tching about it. I watched it and enjoyed it. Beautiful day for a wedding. Interesting ceremony. I'd love to have been able to read the minds of some of the upper crusts during a couple parts of the ceremony.

One question I did have about the days events was when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were heading off to their private party in the evening -why was the Jag the Duke was driving a left hand drive?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    blasting said:
    WeberWho said:
    My wife woke up and watched it. She has been texting back and forth with her friend over in England.

I changed oil/filter, greased, replaced blades, and washed the mower instead. 

@WeberWho I don't know how old your mower is, but it looks new.  Clearly I'm lazy - I've never washed a mower in my life.

@blasting Or you're just smart! It's just going to go and get dirty the next time I mow. It was just a quick rinse. The mower is photogenic. Its seen some use. Around 15 years old and about to hit 300 hours. I can't afford not to keep on it. Normal people don't clean their lawnmower. It was lawn mower maintenance or be stuck inside watching the royal wedding. Easy choice. =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Well, not everyone was b!tching about it. I watched it and enjoyed it. Beautiful day for a wedding. Interesting ceremony. I'd love to have been able to read the minds of some of the upper crusts during a couple parts of the ceremony.

One question I did have about the days events was when the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were heading off to their private party in the evening -why was the Jag the Duke was driving a left hand drive?
    The Jag was already ruined. Someone converted it to electric. I'm guessing the previous owner who put batteries in it wasn't English. Just a guess though  
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:

The Jag was already ruined. Someone converted it to electric. I'm guessing the previous owner who put batteries in it wasn't English. Just a guess though  
    I didn't even notice that it was electric.

Had to hit the Google -

"The sleek convertible that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made their grand getaway in was a Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero, which is a modern, electrified version of the 1968 classic built by the automaker."

The conversion was done by Jaguar.

Apparently they rented the $500K car and the thinking seems to be that they used a left hand drive since the Duchess is American and accustomed to sitting in a right hand passenger seat.

Cool!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Beautiful day for a wedding. 
    I've spent, overall, maybe a month in England, and had never seen blue sky there.  That was cool.  

I'd also spent many, many TDYs in Seattle, but only one (2 weeks in a Software Reliability course at the U of W) during the last two weeks of August and first two weeks of Sept.  The weather was perfect, and Seattle becomes the most beautiful city in the world at that time.  Wow!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Personally I like William’s AM more  
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Would rather get a ride by those beautiful Windsor Greys.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Geeeeez......why is everybody so bitter about this?  I didn't watch--not much interest.  But some folks are into this so why is everyone so quick to $h!t on it??  I could care less about sports, but a lot of folks here are into that.

In a media culture where if "it bleeds, it leads", for ONCE in a long time it was happy news on the TV.  Maybe if there was more coverage of good/happy events, everybody wouldn't be at each others' throats all the time over the constant partisan/political/cultural/etc hotspots thrown in our faces all hours of the day.

As far as crapping on the British culture, that's their thing......they love it.  Who are we to tell them what they should and shouldn't like?  It's their history/tradition, not ours.  Every time some English talk show host, actor, etc opens their mouth about this country's issues, we tell them to "'eff off, go home, that's why we had the American Revolution", right?  

So......whatever......I'm happy for them.  Their country had something that brought everybody together today, and plenty more around the world. 
    You must be new here. 
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Personally I like William’s AM more  
    That's Prince Charles's '69 DB6 MKII.  21st bday present from the Queen.  He converted it to run on wine instead of gas.  "Bioethanol" or something like that.  Beautiful car.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I really wish this wedding would happen already.  All the build up is getting a little old.

Phoenix 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    I'm not getting up that early for anything unless it involves a wet dog, a boat and the smell of burning powder...the girl I was dating got up to watch only to fall asleep on the couch 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Aston Martin is a client. If there would ever be an interest in any high end performance luxury car, for me, it would most certainly be the DB.
    I think, on at least one model, maybe not the DB, the key was made from crystal.
    I think it is kind of cool, unless you lose or break it. Then, I think the replacement cost is like 10-15 grand, or so. 
    But if you have a 1/4 million or plus for the car, 10-15 K might be a pissah, but why not?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    The original kardashians.    Parasites who add zero value to society  ,  i have no interest in fawning over phonies who never had to work for a living for the sake of institutional arrogance euphemistically labeled as tradition...

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    The original kardashians.    Parasites who add zero value to society  ,  i have no interest in fawning over phonies who never had to work for a living for the sake of institutional arrogance euphemistically labeled as tradition...

Yeah, but... how do you really feel?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Harry's E-Type (a rental BTW, conversion done by Jaguar apparently)...

Apparently converted in such a way that a return to stock would be doable.

What it's supposed to look like...
    Related image

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut