Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I are a egghead

Options
DWFII
DWFII Posts: 317
edited May 2018 in EggHead Forum
Well, for those few  (three or four) who are/were following my journey from the dark side, I finally got my hand-me-down LBGE running.

Many thanks to Ron (RRP) for the gasket and therm and much generous and good advice.

Thanks also to SamIAm2 and LimpBrisket for the hinge, handle, and hardware.

Thanks to Jazimmerman (I think) for the platesetter (Just need some refractory cement to fix one leg).

And I got a beautiful fire ring from someone else...sorry I can't find the emails.

Still need a decent cooking grid. I ended up making some side shelves from 3/8"shiplap siding salvaged from an old cheapo utility shed.

And also a sincere thank you to all the supportive advice and encouragement. I was worried about that crack...

So I fired it up this morning took it to 230° and held it there with the daisy wheel for about two hours. Then I took it to 450° for about two hours, and then 550° for an hour and then 650° for an hour. All with the Daisy Wheel in place.

I shut it down about 1:45 and by 1:55 it was already at 550°; by 2:05 it was at 450° and by 2:30 it was at 250°.  I think it's tight. =)

Bespoke boot and shoemaker--45+ years
Instagram

Comments