Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How to download movies - OT

bhugg
bhugg Posts: 317
I have a 1TB external hard drive that I want to download movies to for our upcoming road trip. I know a couple of different websites where you can watch most new movies for free. Is there a way I can download them and save them to the hard drive?
Large BGE Dallas, TX

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    What are some of the websites?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bhugg
    Flenix.cc and 123movies.com are the main two.
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    Netflix you can download, same with Vudu.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I download all my movies from getaviruswiththemovie.com
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    fbi.gov is also worth visiting.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    bhugg said:
    I have a 1TB external hard drive that I want to download movies to for our upcoming road trip. I know a couple of different websites where you can illegally watch most new movies for free. Is there a way I can download them and save them to the hard drive?
    FTFY
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bhugg
    i got it...where can you buy it to download it?
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • DMW
    fbi.gov is also worth visiting.
    You mean this one?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    bhugg said:
    i got it...where can you buy it to download it?
    iTunes, Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, probably others as well.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• bhugg
    I have Amazon and Netflix. netflix will download but only to their app. I don't see how to download from Amazon. I haven't tried iTunes.
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    How many movies do you need for your road trip?  Would Benadryl and whiskey be an acceptable alternative?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    You guys were lucky.  As a kid, I never got off work long enough for a roadtrip.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    This was my best friend on road trips growing up. 

Still have mine
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    I just wish I could sleep..I'm always driving...when I was a kid, I hated to sleep on long car rides...

♫You don't know what you have, 'till its gone♫
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Netflix and Amazon Prime both let you download to devices such as a tablet.  Netflix will also let you download on Windows 10 or Mac. I think Amazon is currently limited to Android/Fire tablet/iOS...so you can only download to a tablet or phone. 

The Netflix app doesn't let you choose where you store the downloads. They are stored on the same drive where the app is installed.  

Netflix is fairly limited on movies, but there are a lot of great shows. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    lkapigian said:

Still have mine
    My sister got me one this past Christmas.  The reissue plays much more difficult.
    NOLA
  • smak
    smak Posts: 199
    If you own the digital copies of movies, i.e. bought on Amazon/Vudo/GooglePlay/iTunes/etc, or use the UltraViolet code with your DVD/Bluray, you can use MoviesAnywhere to sync all "your" content across all the services.  

Once that is setup you will have lots of options to download.

Additionally, on Vudu they have a disc to digital program.   If you do not have a digital copy but own a physical disc you can use their app and take a picture of the UPC and you will have a digital copy for $2.  There are some limits to this process.   Not all studios participate.

Another option is to use a program like PlayOn to record the streams locally for later playback.  That does take awhile since it is actually playing the movies/shows in the background and recording the stream.

smak
    Leesburg, VA
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    lkapigian said:

Still have mine
    Dude.  Haven't seen that in over 30 years.  One glance at that and the electronic beeps/music popped into my head.  Cool!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    buzd504 said: 
    lkapigian said:

Still have mine
    My sister got me one this past Christmas.  The reissue plays much more difficult.
    You are older, slower, and less coordinated :)
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    You could convert your DVDs and save them to a hard drive. Then use Plex on a computer to manage all the movies. That would allow you to stream the movies to a mobile device in the car. Of course that would mean leaving a computer on the while time you are gone, using data limits on your home service and on your mobile device. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708

@DoubleEgger found mine yesterday, still works...weekend fun

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian