Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

As a COSTCO hold out seeking redemption...

2»

Comments

• Found a good read on food safety.  Interesting, informative, but a bit dull, unless your into that stuff.  Here is the link to the whole enchilada, http://www.hi-tm.com/homeprep/Home-2006-2col-forpdf.pdf 

Here is the pertinent stuff and it’s great news for the soups vide sect..

Southwestern CT
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    SGH said:
    Ron, I can finally see land off in the distance. You know what that means. It’s finally about over. Thank goodness. 
    And just what is that land? Are you guys laying oil pipelines or cable or what?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    Ron, I can finally see land off in the distance. You know what that means. It’s finally about over. Thank goodness. 
    And just what is that land? Are you guys laying oil pipelines or cable or what?

Never ask a guy that its that much meat if he is laying cable.

• Vegas Eggus
    Vegas Eggus Posts: 152
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    That looks great. I have some personal reasons for staying away from getting a COSTCO membership.  
    They get a restraining order on you after some kind of weird bathroom incident?
    No, I had a college classmate get blasted to death outside a Las Vegas Costco by the LVPD under some shady Costco circumstances. He wasnt completely without blame, but I still can’t make my way in one of their stores for any weird bathroom behavior.  
    That is the Costco we shop. I do believe they got kind of “wonky “ with releasing their video. Keep in mind this was in Vegas. Crap like that happens all the time. Just look at how the 10-1 shooting is being handled.
    Having said that,  I blame LVPD and Steve Wolfson for that cover up. 
    Dude was off his medication and acting out of his mind but he didn’t deserve to get shot. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
    And just what is that land?

Tampico, Mexico

Are you guys laying oil pipelines or cable or what?

42” natural gas line. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    And just what is that land?

Tampico, Mexico

Are you guys laying oil pipelines or cable or what?

42” natural gas line. 

42"??? Man-o-man that's a lot of gas isn't it? Stupid question, but that will be gas going to Mexico or from Mexico?
  • SGH
    Yep, it’s a big one. 42” in diameter. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    That's welded manually? Then does some pipe monkey crawl inside looking for leaks?
  • Mickey said:
    I have a 45 mile drive to Costco but it is well worth it.
    I do too and it’s only 10 miles from my house...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited May 2018

SGH said:
    Welcome back, Scottie. Hope you get to spend some QT with the family (and us) before you get shipped out again. 

Edit- just saw you are headed to Mexico. May the good lord have mercy upon their souls. :)
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Found a good read on food safety.  Interesting, informative, but a bit dull, unless your into that stuff.  Here is the link to the whole enchilada, http://www.hi-tm.com/homeprep/Home-2006-2col-forpdf.pdf 

Here is the pertinent stuff and it’s great news for the soups vide sect..

I usually just boil my soups.
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    @SGH cool pics.   

My papa was in oil and gas transmission and a cousin did underwater pipe repair.  He had some interesting stories to tell last time I saw him.