Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Police in Dixon IL don’t run and hide

pgprescott
pgprescott Posts: 14,544
local police officer confronted an armed student today when he heard shots fired. No students or faculty were injured to my knowledge and the perp was shot and apprehended. Bravo!https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dixon-high-school-shooting-gunman-fires-at-officer-at-high-school-suspect-wounded/

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Saved the price of the trial.  Nice work!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    thetrim said:
    He’s alive. Winged him. This officer is never gonna buy beer in town again. 
  • thetrim
    Much better response than the BROWARD County Sherrif’s office down here.  Nice work. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    thetrim said:
    Much better response than the BROWARD County Sherrif’s office down here.  Nice work. 
    Home town of the great Ronald Reagan and police that aren’t cowards! Many grateful parents!
  • pgprescott
    In related news! Disgraceful!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/‘how-in-the-hell-is-he-getting-this’-deputy-vilified-after-parkland-killings-gets-dollar100000-annual-pension/ar-AAxnVaa?li=BBnb7Kz
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Glad to hear the only one who got hurt was the perp.  Most school shooting stories don’t end like that by any stretch.  Props to the LEO.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/‘how-in-the-hell-is-he-getting-this’-deputy-vilified-after-parkland-killings-gets-dollar100000-annual-pension/ar-AAxnVaa?li=BBnb7Kz
    So the "Coward from Broward" turns out to be a native of Illinois. Guessing he wasn't born in Dixon tho eh?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    HeavyG said:

So the "Coward from Broward" turns out to be a native of Illinois. Guessing he wasn't born in Dixon tho eh?
    Idk. I seriously doubt I wouldn’t have heard about it. I heard he was also afraid to post pics of his cooks. What a loser!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Dixon PD executed this brilliantly.
    Students were great at barricading doors, what they were trained to do.

I always think of the man, RR, on the RR Expressway.  Between him and Honest Abe, makes you proud of the history.  State is such a clusterfock.  Eldridge, IA is tempting me, the nicest little town.  I'm dug in here though.  But ya never know.  Sorry to ramble on.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• thetrim
    The tallest man ever was from IL.  I believe it was Alton down near STL. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    And Ron is from IL too, so that’s worth something!!!!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • A win for the good guys. 

Sad. I am in the industry and this is the first I’m hearing about this positive outcome. 

My phone would have been dead from from incoming calls of local school principals and directors if this would have gone south. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• pgprescott
    A win for the good guys. 

Sad. I am in the industry and this is the first I’m hearing about this positive outcome. 

My phone would have been dead from from incoming calls of local school principals and directors if this would have gone south. 
    Just so many thankful people around here. The man was the Man!
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    thetrim said:
    The tallest man ever was from IL.  I believe it was Alton down near STL. 
    Around that time we also had the heaviest man,Robert Earl Hughs, in same area of IL. Just north of the Alton Giant
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I am glad the actions of this officer prevented another senseless tragedy.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    thetrim said:
    Ill buy thay guy a beer anytime...maybe he could be promoted to FBI director and clean house there too...
  • pgprescott
    A win for the good guys. 

Really great to see everyone react heroically and really sad and disturbing to have these disgusting / disturbed people continue to choose this path. I sure hope these sorts of things stop. They had the best possible outcome for a terrible situation I guess. 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    edited May 2018
    A win for the good guys. 

Why would this go "national"?  Not a good cause event for those pledging to elevate gun control to a point that only criminals will have guns(Isn't that already the case in IL?).  Also not a good "advertorial" on correct response and responsible action by law enforcement and what well trained schools can do to protect themselves!!!

(OK, I'm tainted... been watching too much "NEWS" (N)ew (E)vents (W)e can (S)crew with the public!!)
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    thetrim said:
    ...maybe he could be promoted to FBI director and clean house there too...

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow