Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb lollipops

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
edited May 2018 in EggHead Forum
Mother's Day cook. Caliqueen requested lamb chops for dinner, in lieu of battling the masses for brunch, etc.

Started the day off with sourdough pancakes, with Cointreau and grapefruit zest in the batter. They did not suck. No pics, but it did happen :)

Trimmed up the rack, reserved the fat and bits of rib meat. SV at 131°F x 2 hrs, then chilled for 2 hrs or so. Rendered the fat a bit, and fried up thinly sliced garlic, cumin,  and cracked coriander in the lamb fat. Wilted a mess of baby spinach in all of that. I've posted the beet cauliflower puree before.  I could have composed a better shot, but it was time to eat!

Hope everyone, their moms,  and babymommas had a great Mother's Day. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Food Art...that's what that is!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    These cooks are unreal. You always take it over the to top. Beautiful.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Great cook, result and presentation.  Way to bring it home. Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    That looks incredible.  It's 8am on Monday morning and I'm drooling.  Damn you, @caliking!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks great. The beet adds a nice color.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Very nice!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Hell yes, that looks fantastic.
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Looks great 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Great cook!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow, that looks and sounds AMAZING!  Somehow the spinach in the lamb fat and seasonings especially made my mouth water.  Way cool!
  • caliking
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Forgot to add that the lamb was finished on the egg, direct, 550°F or so. Dusted with DO Raising the Steaks, with extra cracked coriander. Flipped a few times until the crust looked right. 

• caliking
    Options
    @SciAggie beets are in the regular rotation here, in different forms. Probably one of the few things we cook more for the aesthetics than the flavor. I love how their vivid color just pops on the plate.  

• caliking
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Wow, that looks and sounds AMAZING!  Somehow the spinach in the lamb fat and seasonings especially made my mouth water.  Way cool!
    I was trying to be a responsible cook and not waste anything. Turns out that it was a good idea!