Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mtn Eggfest Roll Call

One week to go so prep underway now.   Who is cookin and who is eating?    We will be there and serve abt’s with a raspberry chipotle glaze,   Cast iron skillet shrimp and grits, and Cubans with mojo pork.   Maybe some thin crust pizzas.   Hoping for great weather like last year

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    All your cooks sound like winners.
    Enjoy the mountains.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Yes, it is a beautiful setting for an Eggfest.  My favorite for sure.   John puts on a great event.   So much nicer to cook there than the big parking lot in atlanta
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Us! We will be there cooking with our good friends and fellow Butt Blasters!!!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    My wife and I will be there again this year and bringing another egging couple with us. 

@Jeremiah did you get my PM earlier this week?
  • CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    My wife and I will be there again from Cincinnati and bringing family from Maine as previous years. Great location, people, food...  one we look forward to.
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    I will be there.   This is the first time making this trip and really looking forward to it.   Can't wait to sample the great eats and enjoy a few adult beverages.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Me and my better half are coming. This is a first time for me also, and am really looking forward to it. We will be sampling the delicious food sure to come out of this event!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    I’ll be there with the wife and a couple of friends who have a place in the GA mountains.  Just there to eat, and looking forward to it!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    CincyTiki said:
    My wife and I will be there again from Cincinnati and bringing family from Maine as previous years. Great location, people, food...  one we look forward to.
    We are from Cincy also! Hope to see you there.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Our third year cooking with Gary and Sandy.  We're welcoming in Jim and Kay who have been at Hiawassee from the beginning and loving that @Jeremiah is also joining us.  We'll drink more than we cook.  And we'll cook some to.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    My third year cooking as well, see you soon.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    My girls have a softball tournament so no go for me. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    You guys have fun. Hopefully the rain will hold off. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Can't make it this year, but remain hopeful in the future. Have fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Kay and I are here arrived yesterday afternoon, see ya all soon travel safe.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• oldmandawg
    oldmandawg Posts: 83
    I'm coming and bringing an appetite. Will be my first Eggfest.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    We're coming on Saturday with some friends. Looking forward to seeing everyone and sampling all the tasty treats!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    I'm coming and bringing an appetite. Will be my first Eggfest.
    It's one of the best Fest! Don't eat breakfast! See ya Saturday

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Unfortunately, it looks like the cooks will need to bring their rain jackets and Smokeware caps. Praying that the weatherman is wrong once again. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Unfortunately, it looks like the cooks will need to bring their rain jackets and Smokeware caps. Praying that the weatherman is wrong once again. 
    Those Smokeware caps void the eggs warranty  =)=)
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    The weather does not look good right now, but maybe the mountains will move it out by Saturday.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    The best part of living in the Southeast is that if you don’t like the weather... just wait!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    So for you event veterans, what is the alcohol policy at the event.   Most public parks in Tennessee have no alcohol policies.   Can you have it as long as you are discrete?
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    You will see many people drinking a beer,, sounds like you will fit in nicely....this is the best fest you will go to......,,

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Just beware of the ‘shine.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited May 2018
    MotownVol said:
    So for you event veterans, what is the alcohol policy at the event.   Most public parks in Tennessee have no alcohol policies.   Can you have it as long as you are discrete?
    @MotownVol BYOB. I’d suggest a rolling cooler. 

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    MotownVol said:
    @MotownVol BYOB. I’d suggest a rolling cooler. 

They have sold beer on site the last 3 years I've been.
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Scrolling quickly through the posts this post always jumps out at me as I just see " Eggrolls" some how.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I will have Bloody's in toe for the morning crowd. Find me....I'll be wearing a green shirt.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I will have Bloody's in toe for the morning crowd. Find me....I'll be wearing a green shirt.
    I will be wearing a green shirt too, we will probably be the only ones... =)

Johns Creek, Georgia