Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Anova case

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
Picked these up on amazon.  Much better than the towels I wrapped them in prior. 

Anova should include this at a higher price point.  Will make glampin' much easier.

Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Beware of the man with two Anovas!!! Those look great
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Thanks for the hint! I will put that on my next order! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the case.
    Just got this set in yesterday. Smaller 12 quart, but should cover most cooks.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Hntnhrd said:
    Beware of the man with two Anovas!!! Those look great
    I thought it was beware of the man with only one Anova!?  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    I bought a similar one a couple years ago that is a few bucks cheaper -

The funny thing is that I only bought the case so I could store it a little more protected/safely on a shelf in the garage with a bunch of my other kitchen stuff since I haven't used it at all since I got my Oliso.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Those cases are nice and I'll get one when the original box it came in is shot. 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Those cases beat wrapping in towels/paper/clothes for sure. Still bulky though. 

The Joule is hard to beat for a compact form factor. Fits easily in a kitchen drawer, is more accessible (for me,  at least), and caliqueen uses it regularly now too. Take it on most trips, and it's racked up a fair many frequent flyer miles this year.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    caliking said:

The Joule is hard to beat for a compact form factor. Fits easily in a kitchen drawer, is more accessible (for me,  at least), and caliqueen uses it regularly now too. Take it on most trips, and it's racked up a fair many frequent flyer miles this year.
    Does the TSA allow the Joule in carry ons sans hassles/explanations?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:

Does the TSA allow the Joule in carry ons sans hassles/explanations?
    Don’t know. It’s always been in my check-in luggage. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The Joule looks pretty sleek.  I ordered my first Anova quite a while ago, and it came in a big tube to pack it away in.  It looks like a freaking bazooka.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks for the heads up on the case.
    Just got this set in yesterday. Smaller 12 quart, but should cover most cooks.

Nice!  My next area to upgrade from a stockpot when traveling.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The Joule looks pretty sleek.  I ordered my first Anova quite a while ago, and it came in a big tube to pack it away in.  It looks like a freaking bazooka.
    Mine were the same buy 2 deal on their Kickstarter campaign.
    I threw the tubes away as it was a pita to remove the unit each time.  Looked cool at the time.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I have this case in my wish list but I have yet to take my anova out of the box it came in since last summer so didn't see the urgent need to get one.  maybe if I ever open it, I will reward myself with a new case.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    I just use the original cardboard/foam tube mine came in.  Going on a couple years with it now.  That looks cool though.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike