Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sweet Anova case

FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
Picked these up on amazon.  Much better than the towels I wrapped them in prior. 

Anova should include this at a higher price point.  Will make glampin' much easier.



Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

  • HntnhrdHntnhrd Posts: 711
    Beware of the man with two Anovas!!! Those look great
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,521
    Thanks for the hint! I will put that on my next order! 
    L, M, S &  Mini

    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,471
    Thanks for the heads up on the case.
    Just got this set in yesterday. Smaller 12 quart, but should cover most cooks.


    Thank you,
    Darian

    Galveston Texas
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 1,793
    Hntnhrd said:
    Beware of the man with two Anovas!!! Those look great
    I thought it was beware of the man with only one Anova!?  

    John - SLC, UT

    2 XLs, Large, Medium, MM, and Mini

  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,559
    I bought a similar one a couple years ago that is a few bucks cheaper -


    The funny thing is that I only bought the case so I could store it a little more protected/safely on a shelf in the garage with a bunch of my other kitchen stuff since I haven't used it at all since I got my Oliso.

    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • Brisket_FanaticBrisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,702
    Those cases are nice and I'll get one when the original box it came in is shot. 

    NW IA

    2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,843
    Those cases beat wrapping in towels/paper/clothes for sure. Still bulky though. 

    The Joule is hard to beat for a compact form factor. Fits easily in a kitchen drawer, is more accessible (for me,  at least), and caliqueen uses it regularly now too. Take it on most trips, and it's racked up a fair many frequent flyer miles this year.

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 5,559
    caliking said:
    Those cases beat wrapping in towels/paper/clothes for sure. Still bulky though. 

    The Joule is hard to beat for a compact form factor. Fits easily in a kitchen drawer, is more accessible (for me,  at least), and caliqueen uses it regularly now too. Take it on most trips, and it's racked up a fair many frequent flyer miles this year.
    Does the TSA allow the Joule in carry ons sans hassles/explanations?
    Camped out in the (757/804)
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,843
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:
    Those cases beat wrapping in towels/paper/clothes for sure. Still bulky though. 

    The Joule is hard to beat for a compact form factor. Fits easily in a kitchen drawer, is more accessible (for me,  at least), and caliqueen uses it regularly now too. Take it on most trips, and it's racked up a fair many frequent flyer miles this year.
    Does the TSA allow the Joule in carry ons sans hassles/explanations?
    Don’t know. It’s always been in my check-in luggage. 

    #1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 7,001
    The Joule looks pretty sleek.  I ordered my first Anova quite a while ago, and it came in a big tube to pack it away in.  It looks like a freaking bazooka.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    Photo Egg said:
    Thanks for the heads up on the case.
    Just got this set in yesterday. Smaller 12 quart, but should cover most cooks.


    Nice!  My next area to upgrade from a stockpot when traveling.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • FockerFocker Posts: 8,364
    thetrim said:
    The Joule looks pretty sleek.  I ordered my first Anova quite a while ago, and it came in a big tube to pack it away in.  It looks like a freaking bazooka.
    Mine were the same buy 2 deal on their Kickstarter campaign.
    I threw the tubes away as it was a pita to remove the unit each time.  Looked cool at the time.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 584
    I have this case in my wish list but I have yet to take my anova out of the box it came in since last summer so didn't see the urgent need to get one.  maybe if I ever open it, I will reward myself with a new case.

    2 Large Eggs - Madison, AL

    Boiler Up!!

  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,064
    I just use the original cardboard/foam tube mine came in.  Going on a couple years with it now.  That looks cool though.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike


Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.