Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: The Reward

Options
dmchicago
dmchicago Posts: 4,516
A good day today. Closed two big sales. Gotta reward yourself.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    The DO!  Man that stuff is silky smooth.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Is it as good as Maker's Mark?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    My kinda reward.  Congrats.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Is it as good as Maker's Mark?
    Makers Mark is what I drink on nights I don't close a sale.
    Well played right there.
    Congrats on the sales and celebration.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    LOVE the Double Oak....nice choice!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Congrats on the celebration. Woodford is a cool place to visit, if you ever get the chance.
    Enjoy!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Congrats my friend.
    I am hoisting one up with you, survived my first semester as clinical instructor.  Last day was today.

Everyone was able to start an IV, some more than one.  Highlight was last week, where 3 different students got an IV on 3 out of 4 attempts.

And we passed a ton of meds safely.  And a bunch of other fun stuff the staff grabs us for.
    Congrats again and cheers!

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Focker said:
    Congrats my friend.
    I am hoisting one up with you, survived my first semester as clinical instructor.  Last day was today.

Everyone was able to start an IV, some more than one.  Highlight was last week, where 3 different students got an IV on 3 out of 4 attempts.

And we passed a ton of meds safely.  And a bunch of other fun stuff the staff grabs us for.

Congrats! BTW was that glass courtesy of Sparkle Butt? Seen or heard from her lately?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Focker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    Congrats my friend.

Congrats! BTW was that glass courtesy of Sparkle Butt? Seen or heard from her lately?
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I earned that, schooners and charlie boys.  Rode on the back of her motorcycle there.  You should see the pic. Lol

We keep in touch.  She's doing well.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Congrats on the closes.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    Congrats my friend.

Thanks.
    Yeah, I earned that, schooners and charlie boys.  Rode on the back of her motorcycle there.  You should see the pic. Lol

Geez - I called her Sparkle Butt in error - I meant Glitter Butt! Please tell her hi for me!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GrillSgt
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It’s not Friday yet but I feel like blowing things up. Maker’s is a better bourbon than Woodford. There isn’t a better bourbon to make cocktails with. Maker’s has a perfect blend of flavors for a cocktail. There are hundreds of sipping bourbons better than Woodford. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The Punishment: stuck at Ohare for 9 hours. About to get a room and throw in the towel. Live to fight another day. 

Free Tito’s is not enough to make this tolerable. #firstworldproblems
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited May 2018
    Options
    The Punishment: stuck at Ohare for 9 hours. About to get a room and throw in the towel. Live to fight another day. 

At least it’s not Hartsfield-Jackson. Right, @JohnInCarolina?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Edit:  @GrillSgt
    True with all the above if you enjoy the wheat component of the mash bill and the fact that it finds a home with a cocktail.  Personally for a daily (one rock) bourbon I find 4 Roses Small Batch to be a great pour.  Bulliet is another that will serve you right.  Blanton's or 4 Roses Single barrel for an up level pour.  Angel's Envy has a unique finish that on most days I can skip.  
    Once you move beyond that level from my perspective you are challenging the bourbon equivalent of wine snobs for the "taste, smoothness and drinkability you will find in no other (fill in the spirit) at any price".  Straight from Budweiser.  ;)
    It is Friday eve and I am am wrestling with Saturday KY Derby picks/wagers so my above comments may be a bit clouded.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options

Do you at least have lounge access?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Woadie
    Woadie Posts: 154
    Options
    X2 on. The Blanton’s but I do like some woodford.  I also drink makers.   So all good choices up there.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    jeffwit said:

That place sucks balls. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    jeffwit said:

That place sucks balls. 
    For everyone, or is there an up-charge for that service? 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dmchicago
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    It’s not Friday yet but I feel like blowing things up. Maker’s is a better bourbon than Woodford. There isn’t a better bourbon to make cocktails with. Maker’s has a perfect blend of flavors for a cocktail. There are hundreds of sipping bourbons better than Woodford. 
    Maker's is my every night nightcap. For cocktails, I like a stronger, fuller flavor bourbon like Bulliet or Knob Creek. My Manhattans are made with rye. 

Bottom line, I like brown water...with all due respect...

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Focker
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    Congrats my friend.

Thanks.

Geez - I called her Sparkle Butt in error - I meant Glitter Butt! Please tell her hi for me!
    Will do bud.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• dmchicago
    Options

Sorry man...that airport is a soul sucker. 

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congrats!  Sales is a tough gig!  Way to go!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Congrats!  Sales is a tough gig!  Way to go!
    Thanks @thetrim

Sales is the only job I've every done.

In high school I was Mike Damone.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • GrillSgt
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Edit:  @GrillSgt
    True with all the above if you enjoy the wheat component of the mash bill and the fact that it finds a home with a cocktail.  Personally for a daily (one rock) bourbon I find 4 Roses Small Batch to be a great pour.  Bulliet is another that will serve you right.  Blanton's or 4 Roses Single barrel for an up level pour.  Angel's Envy has a unique finish that on most days I can skip.  
    Once you move beyond that level from my perspective you are challenging the bourbon equivalent of wine snobs for the "taste, smoothness and drinkability you will find in no other (fill in the spirit) at any price".  Straight from Budweiser.  ;)
    It is Friday eve and I am am wrestling with Saturday KY Derby picks/wagers so my above comments may be a bit clouded.  =)
    4RO SBatch is too variable for my tastes. Some years xlnt some years not. 4RO Single is an outstanding bottle for the buck. Not a fan of Angels Envy. Bulleit is a great go to. We have similar tastes so here are two of my faves - Blade And Bow and Wathens. Kroger’s has pretty good sales on both regularly. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Do you at least have lounge access?
    I do and I made it home. At 2:30am. Good times. The lounge save your ass at times like this.