Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adobo Wings from Triple-D

Options
Theophan
Theophan Posts: 2,654
edited May 2018 in Poultry
I saw these wings on Triple-D from a food truck called "Señor Sisig," and they looked really good to me.  A Filipino recipe mostly, but with some chipotles added as well, so a little bit of Mexican or Southwest in there somewhere.  The sauce mostly tasted similar to teriyaki -- soy sauce and sweetening, but there were a lot of other flavors in there, and I thought it was delicious.  

The recipe calls for too much corn starch, if you try these, so I'd start with half that amount, let it thicken, and see if you want to add more.  I also don't think it needed any more salt than was already in the soy sauce (I always use low-sodium Tamari).

They were marinated first in soy sauce, a Filipino sugar cane vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, pepper:

Then I cooked them indirect for around 40 minutes:

Then brushed on the sauce, which had garlic, bay leaves, pepper, soy sauce, sugar cane vinegar, ketchup, honey, cayenne, red chili flakes, Worcestershire, and chipotles:

Comments