Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GET OFF MY LAWN somewhat OT

Comments

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    You guys crack me up this is the funniest thread I’ve read yet. I couldn’t wait to get off work to keep reading it. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    thetrim said:
    Some neighbors suck really bad.  
    Others just blow.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    RRP said:
    I have a slightly different problem. There's a patch of lawn about 10 x15 feet that belongs to my elderly neighbors. They use a couple guys who mow their lawn with 2 of those huge zero turn rider Toros and they race all the time at flat out speed. Thing is this patch would take a little maneuvering. Instead they just don't mow it. I've talked as best as I can to explain it, but since I don't speak Spanish and they don't speak English I end up just mowing it and cleaning the leaves in the fall.
    I’ve never seen a lawn service trailer that didn’t have a regular sized mower on it.

Do you think their English would improve if you stopped mowing it?  Do you think your neighbors speak spainish to communicate with them?
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    thetrim said:
    Some neighbors suck really bad.  
    Others just blow.
    Bad neighbors suck, great neighbors swallow.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Suck (insert name here), blow is just a figure of speech.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Peculiar problem Fish.  Husband and brown liquor might be best approach.  If that doesn’t change crazy ladies behaviors then your small fence should be done.  You could always roll over a hummer into their house and force them to move...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Start talking to them like this.  Reach out and grab the crazy crown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYpsWY6U84w

Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    You could always take the Caddyshack approach

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    neighbor woman keeps planting things in my yard, i think maybe 20 trees this last fall, three others  two years  ago dead center in the yard, dead smack in the grassy lawn.  have a 4 foot deep x 30 foot daffillilley border garden planted maybe 30 years ago just coming up, she roped it off for more plantings :o  put up a cage all around it this weekend with a sign that says flower garden,  next weekend should be interesting.  its right where i egg, how could i not notice new trees in the lawn. looks like a new fence is going up, hate fences
    You sure you’re not egging in her yard?
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    If you don’t like it just mow it!  On the other hand if my neighbor came over and started doing my yard work I would sit on the porch and watch with a cold one! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Maybe a little too Jeffey Dahmer for some people. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    My neighbor once made a comment about me not having anything to look at other than my poorly maintained grass. I gave her permission to plant some stuff and maintain my lawn, but she declined. She planted a row of lilacs, so she can't see my grass and my newly planted and struggling to stay alive mini lilacs anymore. She also plants some kind of flower that grows up my chainlink fence, with is kind of neat. As long she takes care of them, I don't care.
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    EggNorth said:
    Sounds like some confusion on property lines ... Need to be careful,  isn't there some squatters law or something?   If they been using it for years, they own it, probably just a Canadian thing.
    Adverse possession.  In California it takes 5 years.  Other requirements obviously, but still a fence might be safer.  Looks like Maine might be better for the original owner with 20 years.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    This just sounds like a marriage dispute.  I think its funny he keeps calling his wife his neighbor.  Never thought of that reference.  You just need to plant more eggs than trees.  Or use the trees as charcoal for your egg furnaces.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Get some of these and put them in the next garden she puts in your yard:

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    FearlessTheEggNoob Posts: 888
    edited May 2018
    You could maybe go the Rand Paul neighbor route.
    Gittin' there...
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    RRP said:
    I have a slightly different problem. There's a patch of lawn about 10 x15 feet that belongs to my elderly neighbors. They use a couple guys who mow their lawn with 2 of those huge zero turn rider Toros and they race all the time at flat out speed. Thing is this patch would take a little maneuvering. Instead they just don't mow it. I've talked as best as I can to explain it, but since I don't speak Spanish and they don't speak English I end up just mowing it and cleaning the leaves in the fall.
    @rrp  they most definitely speak english, enough to get by, and better than you think. go to mexico and try spanish and they will reply in english ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    @RRP NO is the same in both English and Spanish!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351

I'm confused! what is in his hand behind the leaves?

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    RRP said:
    Give this new technology a try.  https://translate.google.com/
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Jupiter Jim
    I have read every post on this and it reminds me of the Famous Stump Baby post of days gone by.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JohnInCarolina

You're not familiar with that particular hand movement, Jim?   
  • Jupiter Jim

After great thought and studying this I have determined it's some kind of pump sprayer!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207

After great thought and studying this I have determined it's some kind of pump sprayer!
    It's a golf ball washer.....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nate1152
    nate1152 Posts: 20
    nate1152 said:
    I was going to save my first post for the green egg table I am building, however, this seems like an opportune time to comment. Go to the store, buy concentrated round up. Grab your drill and a 1/2 inch drill bit. Also, pick up night vision goggles, because you don't want to do this while your neighbor was watching. 

Go from tree to tree, drilling holes as close to root line as you can. Take round up concentrate and dump into drill holes. Two to three holes in a smallish tree should do the trick. 

The only thing between you and a treeless yard is time...

You must be an Alabama fan. Lol. 

Welcome 
    Lol, I live in Minnesota but worked with an Alabama native once, so, basically the same thing. She told many, many, many (thousands) of stories about Alabama and took three days off after Clemson beat Bama in '17. She was never the same. 
    Minneapolis, MN

"90% of life is showing up. The other 50% is style." - Me, after a long night of drinking.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    nate1152 said:
    nate1152 said:
    I was going to save my first post for the green egg table I am building, however, this seems like an opportune time to comment. Go to the store, buy concentrated round up. Grab your drill and a 1/2 inch drill bit. Also, pick up night vision goggles, because you don't want to do this while your neighbor was watching. 

Go from tree to tree, drilling holes as close to root line as you can. Take round up concentrate and dump into drill holes. Two to three holes in a smallish tree should do the trick. 

Welcome 
    Lol, I live in Minnesota but worked with an Alabama native once, so, basically the same thing. She told many, many, many (thousands) of stories about Alabama and took three days off after Clemson beat Bama in '17. She was never the same. 
    I wonder if she told you this one. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama-fan-receives-3-years-for-auburn-tree-poisoning/
  • nate1152
    nate1152 Posts: 20
    nate1152 said:
    nate1152 said:

Welcome 
    I wonder if she told you this one. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alabama-fan-receives-3-years-for-auburn-tree-poisoning/
    I remember this.

@fishlessman - you should hire Harvey to help. His experience speaks for itself...
    Minneapolis, MN

"90% of life is showing up. The other 50% is style." - Me, after a long night of drinking.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited May 2018
    Spike 80DF was Harvey’s herbicide of choice. They’ve had to replace the oaks twice now.