Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Credit Where Credit Is Due

Options
GATraveller
GATraveller Posts: 8,207
edited April 2018 in Off Topic

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
Peachtree Corners, GA

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That’s a moving memorial for sure.  Hoping for the best...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    That memorial for me is best described as haunting.  Catch it on a cloudy, low light misty day and the statues appear to be walking toward you.  Very moving experience.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,947
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    That memorial for me is best described as haunting.  Catch it on a cloudy, low light misty day and the statues appear to be walking toward you.  Very moving experience.  

Wait until you see it in the snow. Incredible.
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    Very well said... 
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great post. Amen!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    A wonderful thing South Korea provides thru this group
    https://www.miltours.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67
    Saw a video several years ago and learned a lot about how the South Korean government shows appreciation for those who preserved their freedom. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I was only a year old when Dad left for Korea, served with Royal Canadian Army Medical Corp, field ambulance on the peninsula and at a rehab facility in Hiromachi Japan. Canada contributed about 25,000 to the Korean conflict with a little over 500 making the ultimate sacrifice. The Canadian Korean War Memorial is in Brampton Ontario. 
    Although he passed away over nine years ago, I’m sure he has a smile watching the current developments in Korea, if only there was similar good news for the other theatres he served in, Gaza and the Congo. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:

Wait until you see it in the snow. Incredible.
    I saw it after a light snow.  Made it seem real.  Incredible memorial to incredible folks.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATraveller
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    What a great story.  Thanks for posting.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    @GATraveller - Netflix has a show I saw previously on PBS you may want to watch. A bit long at an hour and 53 minutes, called "American Experience The Battle of Chosin". 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @GATraveller - Netflix has a show I saw previously on PBS you may want to watch. A bit long at an hour and 53 minutes, called "American Experience The Battle of Chosin". 
    Good to know. That just may be on the watch list this week. Thanks for the heads up. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA