Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    DMW said:
    Cut some thin chops from a pork loin this afternoon and marinated them in this jerk marinade:
    https://gotjerksauces.com/products/traditional-jerk-marinade-spicy

Tossed them on the griddle:

Finished:

Served with mango salsa my much better half made this afternoon:

This combo really worked.

@dmw your chutney game is on point. 

But whoever seasoned that blackstone did a terrible job. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options

Double decker kinda night 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    Last minute call between a Ministry concert and The NFL draft.   

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Drinking @caliking ‘s beer. =) 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Put up some under cabinet led stick on lighting in our new house at the suggestion of a fellow egger - what a difference.  Now drinking beer.

Waiting for the Georgia Mountain Egg Fest to get here so I can get the XL I ordered - only two of us, but why not - being retired and all.  Hopefully the properly seasoned one @piney and @bgebrent will be using. (also hopefully gently used)

Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• thetrim
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Because life is too short to drink cheap beer!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Waiting to see which of these talented QBs is gonna suck (i.e. plays in Cleveland)
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    DMW said:
    Cut some thin chops from a pork loin this afternoon and marinated them in this jerk marinade:
    https://gotjerksauces.com/products/traditional-jerk-marinade-spicy

Tossed them on the griddle:

Finished:

Served with mango salsa my much better half made this afternoon:

This combo really worked.

How does that Got Jerk sauce compare to Walkerswood?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @HeavyG - Can't really say, been too long since I've had Walkerswood. But, I have a jar in the pantry, need to try it before too long to see how they compare.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I am off tomorrow. First bourbon and ginger in the works. Also ordering crap for my new Weber big joe. $59 grill and already $60 in accessories. Might try a shoulder on it tomorrow.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,187
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    And doing homework ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Good day to burn and have tomorrow off drinking vodka and water tonight 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • thetrim
    Options
    @frostyegg Awesome!  Just awesome!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,696
    edited April 2018
    Options
     Been watching Mind of a chef on Netflix... this reminds me that I know nothing about cooking. I make good food, but these good guys completely lose me. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well, looks like the weather is going to suck for the next few days:

Have a few leftovers in the fridge, but might be looking around for restaurants after that.

However, beginning of next week:

Looks spectacular. Probably should start planning tomorrow.  
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Trying to figure out clients....I know I'm fighting a loosing battle with this one.
    Tonight had one client when specifically asked about table scraps...nope never , not my dog...5 minutes later dog barfs up about a pot full of sausage and rice... :smirk:....

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Drink in good health, buddy!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,368
    Options
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Trying to figure out clients....I know I'm fighting a loosing battle with this one.
    Tonight had one client when specifically asked about table scraps...nope never , not my dog...5 minutes later dog barfs up about a pot full of sausage and rice... :smirk:....

It is not scraps when he sits at the table with his own plate.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    Doing some prep work for a final presentation for class. After tonight I will have a pair of bachelor's degrees that have taken 10yrs to complete. 

Tomorrow morning first thing, headed to a hiking/camping trip for the weekend.

Next week, job applications.
    Congrats on seeing it through! Good luck with the job search.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looking at the new nest for the mini

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Cashfan said:
    Doing some prep work for a final presentation for class. After tonight I will have a pair of bachelor's degrees that have taken 10yrs to complete. 

Tomorrow morning first thing, headed to a hiking/camping trip for the weekend.

Next week, job applications.
    Wish they had a "Too Cool for Sunday School" button.
    Way to go my friend. Well worth the wait.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Getting a hook wet 
    Good luck with it.  Beautiful day out!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just woke up from a siesta ..been trying to recover from last night's crazy overnight shift.