Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Options
TEXASBGE2018
TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
Thinking about making this on the egg. Looks like all the posts I could find were from years ago with not much info. Anyone have a decent recipe? I've never made it. Is it as simple as S&P the chicken, Stuff with Cheese and Ham?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I think I posted one last year. 

Pretty sure i did a different spin on it though and stuffed with cheese and wrapped in prosciutto. 

It will do fine on the Egg. I would go indirect around 350ish. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    My way I do it
    • Large boneless skinless chicken breasts
    • Prosciutto
    • Havarti or Gyre cheese
    • (You can use ham and Swiss or provolone)
    • Seasoned bread crumbs
    • Eggs
    • Olive Oil
    • Seasoned Salt
    • Honey Mustard

Chicken- Use large heavy pan to flatten chicken – put chicken between two pieces of wax paper and smash. Separate cheese and ham on a paper plate, makes it easier. Beat a couple eggs in a bowl; put seasoned bread crumbs in a bowl. Lay chicken flat, put on ham and cheese and fold over. Take chicken dip in eggs then bread crumbs, put on a pan or plate, refrigerate while doing the rest. If it’s easier for you, you can bread the entire breast, then put the ham and cheese and the fold. 

I top with honey mustard and guacamole

as @k@Killit_and_Grillit indirect @ 350

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Cool thanks,I’ll try it out.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.