Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Just boarded a flight for New Orleans - headed to meet my son as we are headed to the Louisiana state prison rodeo. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Just walked through our new Restaurant Depot for the third time in four days. Still haven’t bought anything. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Please teach your children to be good travelers, then hopefully the next generation of adults won’t suck so badly at airport.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    Just traded in the iPhone that I have used forever for a Galaxy S9. This thing is way better. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Community yard sale today and I got a Costco prime brisket on and it’s raining.
    CyberQ is in charge and I’m like...

Jacksonville FL
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Flank and chicken breast raised direct 
    Just meal prepping through the rest of the weekend will eat with sweet potato or rice - trying to eat healthier, though my bro did invite me over for ribs tomorrow :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Focker said:
    Benchmade's new custom knife builder site is trouble. 

OEM S30V.

Glad I waited on the Crooked River.  Nothing against the orange, a beautiful knife design as is.

Went with 20CV.  Kept the traditional wood scales, black, satin hardware and deep carry clip, and brass ring.  This will turn some heads when it comes out for food prep. 

Glad you went black too.  I am sure some will like the orange, but it is not to my tastes.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Focker said:

OEM S30V.

Glad I waited on the Crooked River.  Nothing against the orange, a beautiful knife design as is.

Went with 20CV.  Kept the traditional wood scales, black, satin hardware and deep carry clip, and brass ring.  This will turn some heads when it comes out for food prep. 

I like the original I have, but yours is pretty sweet!!!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Just did rear calipers rotors and pads on the excursion.  My 9 year old son helped every step of the way (which is good because he knows where all my tools are. .   And they are not where they should be)
    It's nice when they help, none of mine are that interested in spannering though.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Focker said:

OEM S30V.

Glad you went black too.  I am sure some will like the orange, but it is not to my tastes.
    This youtube vid of a black one is really nice.  Lots of G10 scale, backspacer, ring, color options, customization with laser patterns on the blade itself which is not my thing, but cool to have the option.
    https://youtu.be/yPEDHUfdXT4
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Watching Arsenal-West Ham and finalizing my grocery list.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options

Prepping SV egg bites 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Focker said:

OEM S30V.

SEC football has taught me to hate everything orange! Beautiful knife and I love my Benchmade! Nice purchase. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Watching my daughter and her friends working some cattle.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Just got the eggs and Blackstone off the trailer from Butt Blast. I'm whipped.  Glad to have cell service now. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Sitting in New Orleans airport awaiting flight home - after taking my son to the Angola Prison Rodeo yesterday - his choice for what he wanted to do for his 21st birthday.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Getting the rockwork finished. I’m very excited about being done with this 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Focker, great looking knife. I love Benchmade's. My EDC knife is a Griptillian.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
     Burning the branches that came down in the icestorm. Just a few left. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    It's FINALLY nice here. 62 and sunny on the patio. Just threw on some pork belly burnt ends. Currently smoking over pecan wood. I've done these a few times now and they're always a home run. Thread with pics to follow this evening if I don't have too many beers (i'll probably have too many beers).
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @FrostyEgg-do you generally follow the Malcom Reed process or do you have another favorite?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    lousubcap said: do you generally follow the Malcom Reed process or do you have another favorite?
    I generally follow his process. Have you tried to tweak it at all? I've always been super pleased with the results so I haven't experimented yet.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @FrostyEgg - if you are good with where you are then keep at it.  That said, here's a link to a thread of a month ago where I did make a minor tweak that seemed to enhance the outcome:  FWIW-
    Pork Belly Burnt Ends-Malcom Reed with @Sea2Ski's adaptation  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @FrostyEgg - if you are good with where you are then keep at it.  That said, here's a link to a thread of a month ago where I did make a minor tweak that seemed to enhance the outcome:  FWIW-
    Pork Belly Burnt Ends-Malcom Reed with @Sea2Ski's adaptation  
    I'm in. Recipe calls for +/- 2 hours in smoke, and the braise for 1.5-2 hours. Based on the shorter smoke and longer braise, what do you run for time? Egg is steady at 250.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @FrostyEgg - I went with around 2.5 hours in the smoke, braised for 1 3/4 hrs, 1/4 hr (15 mins) on the the grate and around 5 minutes with the final glaze.  Give it a try-