Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Spring time in the North Georgia mountains is a glorious time of year.

epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
I got up early this morning and walked around the neighborhood while watching the sunrise. Spring is in full bloom here. This morning's walk was glorious. As the sun was coming up, the air was filled with birds singing, welcoming the new day.
I was in awe of how full the trees seemed to be, filled with nature's musicians. While the air is filled with the natural symphony, it is also filled with pollen, lots of pollen, so all is not golden yet (yellow, yes).
The red azaleas in our yard that were so full earlier have now peaked and started wilting and falling to the ground. The whites and purples are still hanging on and some of the others, including the bright orange flame azaleas, have yet to make their spring arrival, so we have that to look forward to.
The forecast calls for it to be in the 30s again in the morning so I will probably walk a little quicker, not lingering around with Mother Nature. Yesterday afternoon it was in the low 80s, so when it drops back to the 30s, that big of a temperature swing makes it feel really cold, but still I can't complain about our spring after seeing on the news the winter, and late to arrive spring, my northern friends are experiencing.
If I could send some of this sunshine your way, I certainly would (but I might include some of this pollen, discretely hidden in the sunshine shipment).
Here is a pic of the dogwoods in full bloom off the back deck:

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    That's spectacular.   And congrats on having/making time to enjoy it.  Most of us don't do that enough.  

Most importantly, thanks for sharing it with us.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    That doesn't suck to look at.  Thanks for sharing.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Nice.  Pear, hawthorn are the early bloomers in Maryland - dogwoods will be another month.  Notable, though, the birds when I take the pooch out around 6 a.m.  Unless someone were to go outside at that time, they have no idea of all the activity.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Nice.  Pear, hawthorn are the early bloomers in Maryland - dogwoods will be another month.  Notable, though, the birds when I take the pooch out around 6 a.m.  Unless someone were to go outside at that time, they have no idea of all the activity.
    Where in Maryland? In the Frederick area, the pear trees went nuts with the warm air last weekend. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    This morning on my way to work, everything was covered in snow.  Every branch, power line, roof, mailbox, etc.  I could see nothing green.  It is what one would want to wake up to on Christmas morning. . . 

The robins are not happy.  They think they came back a month too early.

Looks nice down your way!  You southerners have probably started mowing your lawns.  I don't dare take the snowblower attachment off my mower!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • epcotisbest
    Oh yeah, mowed twice already. I bought a nice little Honda mower a couple of years ago and when I put it up, I drained the gas, sloshed a little oil in the cylinder and pulled the cord a couple of times.
    With fresh gas and new spark plug and air filter, that sucker cranked (after sitting all winter) on the very first pull. It was more ready for yard work than me.
  • JohnEggGio
    Where in Maryland? In the Frederick area, the pear trees went nuts with the warm air last weekend. 
    Love Frederick.  Fellow who was my best man is a life-long Frederickan.  He runs the Red Horse Steakhouse.  I live near Bel Air.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGio
    @Eggcelsior Just saw on the news, Stormy Daniels is in Baltimore tonight, at Fantasees.  Meet you down there!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Your description above is why I find myself in a deer stand come fall. There's just something about the forest waking up! 
    Sure looks like you found a nice little spot up there. I could get real used to it.....quickly. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    Beautiful!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • epcotisbest
    Thanks for the kind comments everyone. It was not quite as cold as predicted this morning, and things are greening up nicely. It won't be long until I'll be complaining about the heat and humidity, but until then will keep on enjoying spring mornings. I have friends who are not morning people, but for my wife and me, we can't imagine purposely missing spring morning sunrises.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    edited April 2018
    It’s so cold here a robin flew into our house to warm up

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    The flame azaleas I mentioned earlier just started to bloom today. A few opened up, with many more to go.

That looks amazing. Especially considering we got 4" of snow on Wednesday. At least its melting fast now.

@epcotisbest Keep up the good posts!!
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Epcotisbest- incredible post! Although we are in Paris (France not Texas)... Your post makes me long for an early morning walk in the mountains of North Carolina .in  8 days we ( fly thru Atlanta ) and  hug and spend time with the family in Florida , and then head up to the mountains. Twin baby girl grand babies due in August ... And a 6 month old English bulldog resembling UGA have us very excited about returning home. 
    Your posts are always the best!
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • epcotisbest
    tml1230 said:
    Epcotisbest- incredible post! Although we are in Paris (France not Texas)... Your post makes me long for an early morning walk in the mountains of North Carolina .in  8 days we ( fly thru Atlanta ) and  hug and spend time with the family in Florida , and then head up to the mountains. Twin baby girl grand babies due in August ... And a 6 month old English bulldog resembling UGA have us very excited about returning home. 
    Your posts are always the best!
    Thank you for the kind words. Be safe in your travels and I'm sure your N.C. mountains stroll will be nice once you make it back to the lake.
  • epcotisbest
    edited April 2018
    It's raining pretty good right now and there are little rivers of yellow running down the black asphalt driveway. Hopefully the rain will wash a bunch of the pollen away. 
    Here is how thick it is on the lid of the Weber gasser kept inside the screened in porch:

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Beautiful photos of North GA,   The wife and I just got home from a weekend in Hot Springs NC, and it was pretty there as well.   Good food, hot springs and plenty of cold beer.   A nice anniversary weekend.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Beautiful pictures.  Thanks for sharing and enjoy it while it's that nice!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95