Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Sale: BGE Chiminea (Never Been Used)

Options

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I laughed out loud at 650. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I guess it’s like realizing you have a winning lottery ticket but the lottery office is closed.

I think it’s worth much more. I would bet there are some serious collectors out there that are suspicious at $1000 that it’s been used, or repainted or not really original.  At $2500 or more I bet you get their attention.  $1000 is just too good of a deal for what it is.
  • JB_Krut12
    Options
    @milesvdustin What would you say it’s worth?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Legume said:
    I guess it’s like realizing you have a winning lottery ticket but the lottery office is closed.

I think it’s worth much more. I would bet there are some serious collectors out there that are suspicious at $1000 that it’s been used, or repainted or not really original.  At $2500 or more I bet you get their attention.  $1000 is just too good of a deal for what it is.
    Would you spend $2500.00 for that?

Just curious.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:

Just curious.
    I believe that’s humor. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    JB_Krut12 said:
    @milesvdustin What would you say it’s worth?
    Obviously it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

At $650 tho the number of people that are willing to pay that much probably is pretty close to zero.

Doubtful that anybody here is willing to pay that much but if someone does, be sure to tell us who bought it so we can make jokes about them for years to come. :)

Good luck with your sale - seriously, that one is in mint condition and I'm sure someone somewhere would love to have it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    This is like an episode of pawn stars.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I would probably throw 150 at it. I can buy other chimineas for around that. Not bge, or necessarily top quality, but i wouldnt want a ceramic one anyways. Good old fire pit for me. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hmmmmm.....  I wonder how much I could get for my used one?
    Flint, Michigan
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I would probably throw 150 at it. I can buy other chimineas for around that. Not bge, or necessarily top quality, but i wouldnt want a ceramic one anyways. Good old fire pit for me. 
    I have a CI chiminea & it’s fine till I move & build a fire pit.  Hey...I’ll sell my Big Green Egg Patio Table & Chairs for $1,500.  

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Legume
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:

Just curious.
    Only if I had @YukonRon money. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Legume said:
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:

Just curious.
    Funny. If you had my money, the only thing you would order, dining out, would be a toothpick, a mint, and a glass of water.

Hard times.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SurfingEgg321
    SurfingEgg321 Posts: 55
    edited April 2018
    Options
    At 650, you could go basically buy another Large BGE and actually cook on it. All chiminea's are basically worthless, you're just buying the BGE name in this case. I put an offer in for $400 and was denied. And i felt stupid bidding that much
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Call me a fanboy, but I don't think that $650 is crazy at all. In my search, I was seeing them sold between $200-$1000, and all were used, none in really great condition. This one is damn brand new. To the right person, this should sell for what he's asking or close to it. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Legume
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:

Just curious.
    Funny. If you had my money, the only thing you would order, dining out, would be a toothpick, a mint, and a glass of water.

Hard times.
    At his fantasy asking price, he’s basically looking for a green-blooded collector that is in gotta-have it mode.  Not someone that is looking for a nice fire in the backyard and happens to like BGEs.
  • Roebuck
    Roebuck Posts: 45
    Options
    You can't blame him for posting it on here...No need to insult the man.

As @HeavyG said - it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    Birmingham, Ala.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    I take back what I said about acceptable 1st sale post.

$650!!  Are you serious or is this @nolaegghead trolling?

$250 max.  It is a cool novelty for this crowd, and worthless to most outside this group.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

$250 max.  It is a cool novelty for this crowd, and worthless to most outside this group.
    I agree.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SSQUAL612
    Options

I agree.
    Did you just agree with yourself?  Or was that Isaac agreeing with Ozzie?  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 2018
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:

I agree.
    Did you just agree with yourself?  Or was that Isaac agreeing with Ozzie?  
    That was Isaac sticking it to The Man.  They won't let him react to Ozzie's post, so he just quoted her post ;)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's  a unicorn, start high.
    Options
    $650....   This made me laugh out loud...  
  • SSQUAL612
    Options
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Just FYI, it appears as though chiminea cones are still available for replacement. 
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    @pgprescott any ideas whether the front screen/handle is still laying around somewhere?? 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @pgprescott any ideas whether the front screen/handle is still laying around somewhere?? 
    I’m pretty sure those are going to be harder to come by than Yukonrons Weller Bourbon. If I see anything regarding those pieces I will surely let you know.  
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    Options
    I feel like this is exactly like the bitcoin thread I just read in another forum...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Thanks @pgprescott
  • Thomasc18
    Thomasc18 Posts: 197
    Options
    Must of been sold? 
    Madison, AL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA