Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Well, crap.  Had tickets home to help Mom with spring preparation in Sioux Falls next weekend, she just called and told me to stay home with the blizzard.  And I didn't buy ticket insurance with Expedia....  :anguished:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Botch said:
    Shopping for a banana holder ...

Does that one have air holes, to keep your banana fresh and ventilated?

http://www.aerostich.com/banana-guard.html

Nope, this one is like the Apple version.  Style over function.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @Botch - surely this blizzard impact should be clear by the coming weekend...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Are we sure it’s mid-April?

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sucks for you guys up North.  Hopefully the last blast.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Is that okracoke @DoubleEgger ??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Is that okracoke @DoubleEgger ??
    Yes sir 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited April 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    Wrapped up the night with this:

Which may have led to this:

Not sure exactly which of my buddies was trying to be helpful and started the dishwasher, but good chance they use the wrong stuff:

That on the left is for hand washing dishes, the tablets on the right is for the machine.

So now, I'm trying to get things dried out:

As a follow up to this, I identified the culprit:

I unloaded everything from the dishwasher and rinsed it well. Then, based on sage advice from @nolaegghead I spread salt all over the suds that were in the dishwasher to knock them down and advanced the dishwasher to the drain phase of the cycle to empty what was left in there. Based on the advice of another appliance professional, I then added some canola oil to the dishwasher and ran a few cycles with just oil to take care of the excess soap.

I'm going to move that Gain soap somewhere not near the dishwasher...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    @DMW- beyond the obvious your narrative contains a couple of pearls of wisdom that any self-respecting late night home partier should read and implement.  Thanks for the info-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited April 2018
    Options
    At least some came “clean” pun intended.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    Options
    Gotta admit i'm guilty of the dish soap in the dishwasher a few years ago. A beer or 15 was involved in the decision making process.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I do not believe there is enough tequila to make me do that. No wait.....There is not enough tequila and bourbon.......wait, not enough tequila, bourbon, whiskey and scotch.....no wait.......
    Ok. So I have done worse......
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I do not believe there is enough tequila to make me do that. No wait.....There is not enough tequila and bourbon.......wait, not enough tequila, bourbon, whiskey and scotch.....no wait.......
    All of those may have been involved, except the scotch, I don't think scotch was involved. But tequila (check), bourbon (check), beer (check check check check), and wine (check check), yes.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    DMW said:
    YukonRon said:
    All of those may have been involved, except the scotch, I don't think scotch was involved. But tequila (check), bourbon (check), beer (check check check check), and wine (check check), yes.
    Underachieving.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    My roommate did that to our apartment in college. Filled the entire kitchen floor. Ha! Good times. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Yes and Yes.

I have to admit that I've been a fan of both Fergie and Wenger just because of their longevity and long-term success.  Some of the lessons one can learn from them apply to many professional fields - and parenting.  But I do think Arsene is reaching the end.

The question is - "Who will replace him that has more than a 10% chance of replicating his success - or even their form of the past 2-3 years?'

I think that without Wenger, their ability to attract top young talent will suffer.  I could see them going through 5 or more managers over the next 10 years and fighting some relegation battles.
    Surprised Utd let that result happen.   It's no surprise that WBA have bounced,  Pardew is renowned for his massive ego.  He is a Palace legend - but is becoming a busted flush as a manager. Therefore WBA players are playing t prove that point and new contracts with other PL clubs next year. 

Moyse proved that trying to be Fergie v2 doesn't work.  Whoever replaces Wenger will need plenty of financial support and trust.  Tail-spin is possible, but they are one of the few clubs that could buy out of trouble if it looked perilous.   I would like to see Diego Simeone from Athletico Madrid come in,  really put some fire under things.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

Yes and Yes.

I have to admit that I've been a fan of both Fergie and Wenger just because of their longevity and long-term success.  Some of the lessons one can learn from them apply to many professional fields - and parenting.  But I do think Arsene is reaching the end.

The question is - "Who will replace him that has more than a 10% chance of replicating his success - or even their form of the past 2-3 years?'

I think that without Wenger, their ability to attract top young talent will suffer.  I could see them going through 5 or more managers over the next 10 years and fighting some relegation battles.
    Surprised Utd let that result happen.   It's no surprise that WBA have bounced,  Pardew is renowned for his massive ego.  He is a Palace legend - but is becoming a busted flush as a manager. Therefore WBA players are playing t prove that point and new contracts with other PL clubs next year. 

Moyse proved that trying to be Fergie v2 doesn't work.  Whoever replaces Wenger will need plenty of financial support and trust.  Tail-spin is possible, but they are one of the few clubs that could buy out of trouble if it looked perilous.   I would like to see Diego Simeone from Athletico Madrid come in,  really put some fire under things.  
    Simeone would be great if they could get him to leave Spain. As an American I can’t begin to guess the likelihood of that. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just did an 810 in rotations and over the curb going slow down a steep hill taking the boy to school.  Thank God, nobody was around, and I went off the road to stop momentum approaching a construction zone chock full of baricades.  Actually turned the wheel to do this. 

After a Uay home, and a change in skivs, we're back in the saddle.  Not a fun way to get the heart rate up in the morning.

Some bad days out there, a few cars in the ditch, 4 car fender bender, two hot rigs en route for others.  Lucky, I didn't have one too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Focker said:
    Just did an 810 in rotations and over the curb going slow down a steep hill taking the boy to school.  Thank God, nobody was around, and I went off the road to stop momentum approaching a construction zone chock full of baricades.  Actually turned the wheel to do this. 

After a Uay home, and a change in skivs, we're back in the saddle.  Not a fun way to get the heart rate up in the morning.

Some bad days out there, a few cars in the ditch, 4 car fender bender, two hot rigs en route for others.  Lucky, I didn't have one too.
    Yikes!  Stay safe out there.  Ice, snow, cars no bueno.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    I had the rear end of the car kick out a few times this morning coming into work. I also was dancing with ice when slowing down for a couple stop signs. Plow drivers were calling in the local radio station putting in 36 hours straight.

I'm ready for spring or should I say the rest of it....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @kl8ton I hope it's not the start of this...

36 hours ago:

Now:

It was.  We will try spring again in 2019. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

36 hours ago:

Now:

10" for us this weekend. We were on the lower end for snow in the Twin Cities. Others ended up with 16"+
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Waiting on my flight that keeps getting pushed back. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    looks like a weather delay there????? sorry to hear it.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    SGH said:
    That is one busy airport.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    kl8ton said:
    WeberWho said:

36 hours ago:

Now:

10" for us this weekend. We were on the lower end for snow in the Twin Cities. Others ended up with 16"+
    We are no where near that.  Maybe 2" of slush ice and another 2 of snow. 

Saw a McDonald's billboard that featured ice tea that said: 

"Have an ice day Michigan! "  

I think they planned on warmer weather - timing wise - but it seemed like Ronald McDonald was giving us the middle finger
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI