Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Free $34.95 Penzey's Spice Box

(nola note:  expires tomorrow!)

Free $34.95 American Soul Boxes! - Because in America No One is Above the Law

With the revelations of this week the time has come for us all to stop pretending that what is happening in America is in any way normal. Right now we are in a struggle for the Heart and Soul of our country. It is a struggle we can’t allow ourselves to lose.

America matters, not just to us but to the world. The forces both foreign and domestic who’ve worked to shape the Republican Party into what it is today knew what they were doing. As long as America is America there is hope in all the corners of the world. Shut off our light and hope fades, opening the door for corruption to take hold. This week the corruption of the current administration was made clear time and time again. If they go unchallenged and are allowed to declare themselves above the law, the hope that is America will surely fade. We can’t let that happen.

If last week you were still backing the administration, after all we’ve learned this week please-please-please give thought to stopping. Last week he was saying he is not a criminal. This week the argument shifted to it’s illegal for the FBI to catch him in his crimes. Innocent people don’t do what this administration is doing. If you go along with this you are lost. Please don’t be lost. Snap out of it. Too many people need you. If you give up your values and replace them with his it will be at least a decade before the young people in your life respect you again. It’s still not too late to change the course you’re on, but soon it will be. Act now. Be the hero!

At Penzeys, in our time speaking out we’ve learned through experience that good messages are shared. When a good message is combined with something of value for free it has even greater reach. And if you have a message that you wish would reach many-many people, combine it with something free of great value. Now seems more than ever to be a time to try and reach everybody.

So $34.95 value 8-jar American Heart & Soul Boxes yours free with no purchase needed. If you can get to one of our stores by the end of day tomorrow these $34.95 boxes are flat-out free. Online at penzeys.com, they are still free but regular shipping fees will apply. Through tomorrow at midnight we’ve reduced our usual $30 minimum for shipping to just $20. I hope this helps.

To get your free $34.95 value 8-jar Soul box in one of our stores, if you are already on our mailing list, simply show the coupon above. If you are new to Penzeys please just click here to have a coupon quickly sent to you. It’s easy.

Online at penzeys.com, to get your Soul box simply type in America to the apply code box at checkout. No need to place the box into your cart, the code will do that for you. And if you are looking for some good deals to reach the reduced $20 minimum for free shipping the regularly $14.95 Joy of Cinnamon boxes for just $6.95 and the $2 Cayenne/ Cajun Seasoning 1/4-cup jars are good deals. Tasty too. No codes needed for these, the reduced prices are automatic for everyone.

And please spread the word, especially to those short on cash. If you can, bring them along with you to Penzeys. These are really nice boxes, possibly the best thing we’ve ever put together. These blends make up much of the soul of American cooking and each represents those souls brave enough to find their way to America whose courage has always made America great.

What we are standing up for isn’t happening in a vacuum. There really are those who want to limit our ability to spread our message that the very same kindness that works so well around the dinner table to build better futures works around the world as well. My hope is that there are fewer in this crowd after this last week. Still it has been your word-of-mouth that has kept us growing through this period. I would appreciate it greatly if you could keep that going for at least a little bit longer. Thanks.

If you like to share with Facebook we have this offer posted on our page as well.

And thanks for caring so much for the world around you that you actually take the time to cook. You heal the world, you really do.

Bill
bill@penzeys.com

p.s. Please find your own unique way to speak out, act up, or just make a difference. Though it may not always seem it, the courage of immigrants is in all our DNA. Now’s the time to put it to good use.

Penzeys FREE regular shipping with only $20 in spending!

Penzeys Joy of Cinnamon Mini Gift Box just $6.95

Penzeys Cajun Seasoning 1/4 Cup Jar Only $2

Penzeys Cayenne Pepper 1/4 Cup jar Only $2

*Penzeys American Heart & Soul Box Offer Details
Limit one free Penzeys American Heart & Soul Box per household during run of promotion. Not applicable to prior sales, not valid with other offers. While supplies last. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Call 1-800-741-7787 to redeem by phone. Online, visit www.penzeys.com, and select the coupon item you’d like to receive by entering "America" into the “apply code” field at checkout. Standard shipping rates apply. Limit one per household. Offer ends midnight Sunday, April 15, 2018.

*Penzeys $20 Shipping Offer Details
To redeem by phone call 1-800-741-7787. Orders sent within the Contiguous US with a final shopping basket total of $20.00 or more will receive free standard ground shipping. Must have a valid street address. Not applicable to prior sales. Offer expires Sunday, April 15, 2018.

*Penzeys Joy of Cinnamon Gift Box Offer Details
While supplies last. No cash value. Standard shipping rates apply. Offer ends midnight Monday, April 16, 2018.

*Penzeys Cajun and Cayenne Offer Details
Not applicable to prior sales, not valid with other offers. While supplies last. No cash value. Standard shipping rates apply. Offer ends midnight Monday, April 16, 2018.

Penzeys Spices
12001 W. Capitol Drive | Wauwatosa, WI | 53222 US
view this email in your browser

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    This should go well.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Anyone goat an over/under on thread duration?  Although it could run for a while given Sat afternoon.  Nice fuel for the smoldering Matchlight fire.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Trigger Alert!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    I’ll just leave this here as well:

Mission Accomplished indeed. Donald Trump, war hero and student of history.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Umm...free spices?
    "Mission Accomplished"

Hmmmm... that seems somewhat familiar.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Umm...free spices?
    Free?

BS - I just went there and dropped a Benjamin to get my "free spices".

Clever marketing ploy actually. :)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Love Penzey's and appreciate Bill standing up for what he believes in.  Don't always agree with him, but he lives his values.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited April 2018
    Just ordered a pack.  $8 shipping for that bunch of spices is a good deal.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited April 2018
    And if this is an actual ad. I will gladly never buy their products again. Plenty of better products out there that don’t feel they need to get all political about everything all the time. 
    @TEXASBGE2018 Of course I'd like to congratulate you on your ideology of not supporting politically active businesses.  I'm sure you are making a great sacrifice boycotting Chick-fil-A
    Extremely disappointing that I can't like this more than once.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349

What type of lunatic would boycott Chick-fil-A?? 
    I boycott them on Sundays.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Here's wild Bill's parents' company:  http://www.thespicehouse.com

This was the original Penzey family spice company before Bill went out on his own with a grudge.  It's now run by his sister and her husband.

Much like my company, they don't care about your political views, race, religion, union affiliation, etc......if your money is green, we love you and want you to buy from us.  But if you go back to Bill's email for the last 10 years (and especially the ones from Nov 2016), if you're a white republican or you don't support teachers unions, illegal immigrants, or whatever else he's preaching that month, then you can 'eff off and buy your spices somewhere else.  So, for the first and only time, I took his advice and now shop on his sister's website.
    This perfectly proves my point. Leave your politics to yourself. You want my business don’t tell me your thoughts on every little thing political. My money is green and if you want it leave your politics out of it. Genius marketing on Penzey’s part, alienate half your potential sales base because you want to whine that the political climate isn’t how you think it should be. How about keep your mouth shut, make a quality product without insulting 50% of the country. You know kinda like how big green egg does. Hence why we are all here. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    And if this is an actual ad. I will gladly never buy their products again. Plenty of better products out there that don’t feel they need to get all political about everything all the time. 
    I did the same thing when he went off after the election. I now order from others. Keep politics out of your business. 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    etherdome said:
    I did the same thing when he went off after the election. I now order from others. Keep politics out of your business. 
    Exactly.  Like Trump does.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    No one is above the law!  Haha!  Tell that to hillary!  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited April 2018
    Repeat--"Umm...free spices?" I called the local store and they've run out of boxes, but if I bring in my coupon they'll let me know when it's back in stock. For anyone who wants free spices. Thank you, @nolaegghead. Can't we all just get along? (Shows how old I am.)
    Judy in San Diego
  • SemolinaPilchard
    SemolinaPilchard Posts: 1,282
    edited April 2018

This A-hole, who was a CFO, and was fired over this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVw3_ys8FQ
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Believe it or not I understand that actions/positions come with responsibility and accountability.  You make a decision/statement and then enjoy the up or down sides of same.  In the recent old days I believe it was termed, "skin in the game."  
    Today , I am moving to LEO so you can assess the above accordingly.  But I am all about spine/aka skin.  So if you choose to go take a stand then you accept the roll-off.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    edited April 2018
    I love Chick-fil-a too!!  I usually sprinkle some Penzey's spices in the ketchup I dip my fries in.

I don't know, I guess I can separate my politics from most other things.  I am thankful there are so many people who are willing to boycott, protest, and fight for their vision of what people should be and think.  I mostly want to be left alone.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nealmgb
    nealmgb Posts: 69
    Sold out near me.  Traded the coupon for a rain check good for 45 days.
    LBGE St. Louis MO
  • JohnInCarolina
    Here's wild Bill's parents' company:  http://www.thespicehouse.com

This was the original Penzey family spice company before Bill went out on his own with a grudge.  It's now run by his sister and her husband.

Much like my company, they don't care about your political views, race, religion, union affiliation, etc......if your money is green, we love you and want you to buy from us.  But if you go back to Bill's email for the last 10 years (and especially the ones from Nov 2016), if you're a white republican or you don't support teachers unions, illegal immigrants, or whatever else he's preaching that month, then you can 'eff off and buy your spices somewhere else.  So, for the first and only time, I took his advice and now shop on his sister's website.
    Who are these “illegal immigrants” you speak of?  Are the Dreamers in that group?  I’m just curious.
  • JohnInCarolina
    SGH said:
    Agree 100%. They are a good, God fearing, Christian corporation that stands up for what is morally right. 
    Yeah. Unless you’re gay.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    SGH said:
    Agree 100%. They are a good, God fearing, Christian corporation that stands up for what is morally right. 
    Yeah. Unless you’re gay.
    I say again, they stand up for what is morally right.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.