Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Money Wagon.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Sweet100s
    Thank you sister. Great to see you back on the forum again. I was off the forum myself for a few months due to work. How have you been?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    We always say “if I only had Scottie’s money” but it looks like Butch Oustelot beat us to it.
    Brother Gulf, if you had my money you would probably starve to death  =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Same here Scottie.  Bunch of work travel for Q1.  Pretty fun actually.

Was home for SXSW weekends (had not planned on going) and needed what I thought would be a quick trip to the ER,  Had to wait an eternity (4 hours)  inside those curtains.  Meanwhile, 2 guys came in with opioid overdoses and an infant was crying in pain for another eternity. (not hunger cry.  *pain* cry)  Heartwrenching.

On the good, I ended out with an invite to a SXSW party where some thought my hospital wristband and red allergy (iodine) wristband was a kind of VIP thing.  They probably had too much to drink :-) .   It was a kick.

Have been thinking about upgrading my antique Viper remote on my car to a new one since its so worn and one more drop will do it in.  Maybe a dash cam at the same time.
    https://viper.com/car/security/

Headin' west... Time to pack!  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    nice looking rig. question on the avalanche, 5.3 or 6 liter.  i added the avalanche to my search list a month back. theres a ridiculous ford 650 pickup at the dealer, looks part peterbuilt =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Nice looking rig @SGH, looking forward to seeing it at Burning Loin. My wife and I have recently begun looking to replace my 2010 250SD XLT. Talk about sticker shock!
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    @SGH
     2 questions, Whats the name of the dealer you found selling cheap Ferds in Ohio. The ones around here sell Chevy significantly cheaper than Ferd.
     Is the body... the doors, hood, roof etc. aluminum as well or only the bed?
     Thanks 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    That is a purty truck.  I thought about a new truck until I see the prices.  Just cannot justify in my mind pulling the trigger with the prices they want.  Plus my 2001 GMC 2500HD just keeps on kicking.  Only thing I have done to it was re-painted it, brakes, front hubs and replaced a belt to the A/C.  Still going strong
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    That is a purty truck.  I thought about a new truck until I see the prices.  Just cannot justify in my mind pulling the trigger with the prices they want.  Plus my 2001 GMC 2500HD just keeps on kicking.  Only thing I have done to it was re-painted it, brakes, front hubs and replaced a belt to the A/C.  Still going strong

I had that same truck / year with a 8.1L.  We all have a rig we regret giving up - that's mine.

Phoenix 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    You must have gotten some of Ron's money to afford that bad boy!! I've been eyeballing them but they cost more than my Motorhome!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nice ride. The Fords are well thought of around here. I looked at them awhile back. Pretty spendy. I bought a new BMW instead and saved a bunch of cash  :o
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Been thinking about upgrading to an F250 when my 09 F150 finally dies.  So far at 175,000 + Miles... no issues!

Nice truck!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Oh Jesus...here we go again.
    That was yesterday. 
    I thought it was this morning.
     Well-played easter joke @theyolksonyou
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Nice rig @$GH

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    SGH said:
    It has some serious headlights on it for sure. The pic don’t do them justice. 

I have been riding around blinding the crap out of people for the fun of it. 
    Gone to the Drive-in movie tonight?? 
    Ive heard the replacement lights are 800/.  Don’t f’em up! 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    He’s got money like Ron’s.  Doesn’t matter.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    SGH said:

He'll just buy a new truck when a light goes out.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Great looking truck!  Can't believe how high those diesels have gotten though.....or really all vehicles.  Had a '99 F250 Crew Cab just like it with the 7.3 and loved it.  Wish I'd have kept it.  Everything was breaking on it but the engine of course.  Don't need the diesel for now so I'm a Tundra man for the time being, but see myself getting back into one at some point....used of course just like I bought the '99.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Sweet ride Scottie.  Can't get myself to pull the trigger on a new vehicle which would cost almost as much as my first house. I have 170,000 on my 2007 suburban so I'm halfway to your Chevy but don't think she's gonna last another 11 years .  LOL.  Hopefully I can make it to Butt Blast and see it up close and personal. 
    South Buffalo, New York
  • SGH
    edited April 2018
    Options
    question on the avalanche, 5.3 or 6 liter.  
    Mine is the 5.3. When I bought mine in 07, the only way to get the bigger engine was to buy a 4 wheel drive or special order it for an additional 4,000 bucks. I didn’t want a 4 wheel drive Avalanche because of what the truck was going to be used for. 
    Looking back, getting the 5.3 may have been a blessing in disguise. I’m in my 11th year with over 300 thousand miles on it and it’s still going. Other than general maintenance (oil, tires, battery, brake pads) the only things not original are the serpentine belt that I changed at 200,000 miles and the plugs and plug wires that  I changed at 300,000 miles. Every thing else is original. I know it sounds like bull crap, but it’s the Gods honest truth. The Avalanche has exceeded all expectations. I got my money out of it and then some. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    KennyLee said:
    Can't believe how high those diesels have gotten though.....or really all vehicles.  
    I hear you brother, it’s legal robbery. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Can't get myself to pull the trigger on a new vehicle which would cost almost as much as my first house. 
    Go ahead and pull the trigger on one. You only live once brother Moose. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

SamIAm2 said:
    SGH said:

He'll just buy a new truck when a light goes out.
    You are obviously confusing me with Ron =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

bgebrent said:
    He’s got money like Ron’s.  Doesn’t matter.
    Only in my dreams brother Brent  :|

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

SamIAm2 said:
    SGH said:

I sure hope that is not the case. But my luck, they are probably 800 a piece  :o

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    You must have gotten some of Ron's money 
    I wish brother Grim. I would never hit another lick again. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Is the body... the doors, hood, roof etc. aluminum as well or only the bed?
     Thanks 
    To be honest, I’m not really sure. I know the tailgate is definitely aluminum because it’s super light. That really surprised me. The tailgate on a work truck takes a lot of abuse. I figured it would still be made of steel. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited April 2018
    Options
    On the good, I ended out with an invite to a SXSW party where some thought my hospital wristband and red allergy (iodine) wristband was a kind of VIP thing.  
    I had something similar happen on a cruise once. I just happened to be dressed in a suite and I was wearing a rather large medallion around my neck that looked like a ships steering wheel. As luck would have it, it timed out that the Captain was suppose to be doing a meet and greet with passengers. Several folks thought that I was the Captain because of the suit and medallion. I took full advantage of their ignorance. I let several of them buy me drinks and I posed for pics with several of them. 
    However my charade came to an abrupt end when my wife walked up and I was posing for pics with several young ladies. Hey, it was fun while it lasted. If my wife would of played along, we could of ate and drank like kings for several hours.  

Status- Standing by.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That is one bada$$ rig, my friend!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    That rig definitely calls for the SGH Seal of Approval
    Nice nice nice truck...seriously.  Nice truck and not the Luanne pretty pretty truck truck that Lucky drives either
    That thing is sweet!
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Duuude! That’s one Sweet ride! Like the combi you purchased too. Was hoping they’d go on sale but when they do, the discount isn’t much. Enjoy that ride! Now you need an Airstream to pull!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle