Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night ribeyes reverse seared to dang-near perfection.

Options
Couple of thick, juicy ribeyes, just salt and pepper, low and slow to internal of 110 then seared at 650 about a minute per side. Topped with garlic, herb butter. Very good. 
Served with sauteed mushrooms, baked sweet potato and broccoli-apple salad, but did not bother to take pics of that stuff.

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    I don't see a "dang near" qualifier here.....it looks great! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    YES!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Yeah that steak looks badass 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks great! But why the aversion to "that stuff"? Sides can be every bit as good as the protein...and usually far healthier! =) Yours sound delicious!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Looks great! But why the aversion to "that stuff"? Sides can be every bit as good as the protein...and usually far healthier! =) Yours sound delicious!
    Oh, no aversion, just poor choice of words I suppose. The sweet potatoes were especially good, with heaps of butter and touch of cinnamon, brown sugar, and the broccoli salad my wife added apples, apple cider vinegar, plenty of golden raisins and lots of mayo to and it was really good too. Just got busy taking pics of the steaks, then got busy eating!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Gotcha. Sometimes, I'll make a meal of nothing BUT sides. =) 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Strong start to a Friday night!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I agree with the others -- no dang near, just PERFECTION!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,473
    Options
    Nailed that finish-great money shot.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    Outstanding. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,177
    Options
    That looks amazing!  I love a plate of pure protein.  No unnecessary clutter.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,542
    Options
    Top notch brother!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    Damn. Ribeye is my favorite cut , and that looks like perfection . 

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• RustyBeavers
    Options
    Booyah!
    Dallas, TX

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,093
    Options
    Great looking steaks, nice one!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Ribeyes rule. Your cook was the monster meal of the day. Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Thanks everyone. There was a little (very little) leftover so my sweet wife made steak and eggs and biscuits and grits and hash browns for breakfast. Good way to start the day.