Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Are you going up the pig trail?
    We drove through it. Wish I had my car and not the rental when driving the loop. You were correct when you said there were some wicked turns.  My wife beat the crap out of my right arm telling me to slow down.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Marc,  glad you sped up. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    @YEMTrey. That is kinda how we are when we are not totally conquering an area/region. Kind of like early this morning.  We drove by the Clinton Library, slowed down and grabbed a picture then kept going.

Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Sea2Ski said:
    @YEMTrey. That is kinda how we are when we are not totally conquering an area/region. Kind of like early this morning.  We drove by the Clinton Library, slowed down and grabbed a picture then kept going.

I wonder if Bill laid down that rubber in his old El Camino
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Sea2Ski said:
    You should have got Mark @Sea2Ski to drop by on his USA roadtrip.  He knows a thing or two about rock work and scrapple.  
    Shhhhh....  that job was ridiculous. 18 full days of stone cutting, chipping and grinding to get the joints tight.  But very happy with the results. 

Before (Dad getting going on the demo):

After:

Roof is going to get replaced as well to fully modify the look.  Someday....

Next up is the fireplace area is the family room. I think. 
    Top work.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
     If you value your life and possessions do not stay in Forrest City!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Sea2Ski said:

I wonder if Bill laid down that rubber in his old El Camino
    Just don't leave your wife unattended when you're there.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
     Should have gone in you will never see a nicer single wide!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Sea2Ski said:

Yeah I’ve never been in that place either. Not my kinda entertainment. 

Little Rock, AR

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    That needs its own thread @Lit
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    thetrim said:
    Beware the Ides of March.
    Image result for Beware the Ides of March meme
    @saluki2007 -  thanks for this. Reminded me of one of Al Jaffee's Mad Magazine back page fold-ins. It showed a cartoon of  a bunch of Romans at a table with a huge salad in the center ready to tear into it. Caption at the top was "Who made the Salad?"

I can't remember all of the bottom of the page caption but when it was folded properly a group of citizens were shown stabbing Julius Caesar and the caption at the bottom then displayed "Caesar made the salad".  

Thanks for reminding me with your photo, and no I do not remember the year or issue but it might have been 1967 or 1968. 

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Just rubbed down 35lbs pork to go on tomorrow at about 3:00PM for the sons baptism Saturday night 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Sea2Ski Man, that work looks good. Stop by if you’re ever this way - I won’t put you to work. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • thetrim
    Watching my bracket spontaneously combust.  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Zeiger88 said:
    Just rubbed down 35lbs pork to go on tomorrow at about 3:00PM for the sons baptism Saturday night 
    Looking good and good luck. Ive got some family that live in and around Lima. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Zeiger88 said:
    Looking good and good luck. Ive got some family that live in and around Lima. 
    Thanks maybe they will smell it cooking lol
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Finally gonna knock  out the fireplace makeover. Have the house to myself from Saturday to Saturday so hopefully its quick and I get some egging time. Got most of it removed last night. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Watching basketball scores at work and trying to decide what I should go to college and get a degree in. I dont know what I want to be when I grow up (Im 32 lol)
    To be honest?  All retail, manufacturing, engineering and even medical is now done by AI or over the internetz with guys in India.  
    Save the tuition and learn how to install/fix lawn sprinkling systems.  Robots won't be able to do that for a long time yet.  
    (or, get an engineering degree in pre-made pedestrian bridges, there's a couple opening in Florida coming up).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• thetrim
    New gasket and new bands installed!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    bgebrent said:
    Damn @SGH.  How much longer are you sea-bound?
    It’s been a long go brother. But come tomorrow, my tour is finally over. I’m flying back to dry land at 2:00pm. I should be sitting pretty just this side of Biloxi, MS around 6:30pm tomorrow. Thank God it’s finally over my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    It’s been a long go brother. But come tomorrow, my tour is finally over. I’m flying back to dry land at 2:00pm. I should be sitting pretty just this side of Biloxi, MS around 6:30pm tomorrow. Thank God it’s finally over my friend. 
    Cash that check and get home brother.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Cash that check and get home brother.
    On my way my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    @SGH how long have you been out to sea working? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Just in time for Butt Blast!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    g8golfer said:
    @SGH how long have you been out to sea working? 
    I have been on the Deep Blue (Spool ship) and URSA TLP since January 6th. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    Just in time for Butt Blast!
    I ordered a double crawfish boiler just for the occasion. For the record, it also doubles as an anus cooker as well =)

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    @SGH - giddyup my friend!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Never had crawfish or anus