Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paella for two

GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,359
edited March 2018 in EggHead Forum
We love paella but making it and having leftovers is a drag   I ordered a nice little 8.5 inch pan on Amazon and it is the perfect size for the two of us!

Prepped. Shrimp, fresh chorizo chicken thighs 

Protien cooking

Done. Sofrotto is next 

Wont be long now !

Delicious !!

thanks for looking 
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• Great cook and pics. Vivid colours. The green peas in pic 6 almost burned my retina!
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Very nice!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Oh dear.
    I've avoided paellas as the pans were all so big and I'm cooking for one.  Finally found a "small" 14-incher; I guess I misjudged (or eat too much).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Looks great.  I enjoy left-over paella although the socarrat does take a hit.  
    @Botch - you are home-free with that pan.   Enjoy the cook and eats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    I've watched a son-in-law cook paella, and it was WONDERFUL, but seemed like a lot of careful work.  Glad to watch, may not try it myself.  But man, if I went to all of that work, I could eat your whole pan BY MYSELF!  Just doesn't look like enough food for that much work.

Is it really no good as leftovers?
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Very nice. I love a good paella. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice cook for two!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Beautiful cook!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I love paella.  I gave away my 13.5” pan because I wanted more paella for the effort and I enjoy the leftovers. I have an 18” pan now and still find myself looking at the larger pans.

Very nice cook @GlennM and excellent presentation!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SciAggie
    R2Egg2Q said:
    I love paella.  I gave away my 13.5” pan because I wanted more paella for the effort and I enjoy the leftovers. I have an 18” pan now and still find myself looking at the larger pans.

Give the 32” a try...

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    @SciAggie - I was afraid you were going to do that! Lol. That’s a beautiful pan.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SciAggie
    R2Egg2Q said:
    @SciAggie - I was afraid you were going to do that! Lol. That’s a beautiful pan.
    I understand the appeal of the bigger pan, lol. Actually though, the 22” pan I have is really a good size. It will feed 15 if  they are light eaters with other food - or 8 hearty eaters. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GlennM
    We have a larger pan but I would prefer to eat it all in one sitting. Especially if I load it up with seafood. The other reason for this small pan is that it will fit a mini max, joe jr or Akorn jr
  • SciAggie
    @GlennM I didn’t mean to derail the thread. You’re cook is great. I was just messing with @R2Egg2Q. I agree that fresh paella is better than leftovers. This thread will probably make me get a pan your size since it fits the MM. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GlennM
    No problem ^^^^
    i am on vacation and we have an Akron jr here. This pan fits it perfectly. 
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Nicely done.  Love Paella. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited March 2018
    SciAggie said:
    R2Egg2Q said:

Give the 32” a try...

Don’t you get me started. Well played though!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Post of the day.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Sorry to be slow on checking this out.  That is a great looking cook.  Thanks for putting it up
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Wow. Your post and presentation almost made me eat my phone. Very nicely done .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GlennM
    edited March 2018
    Thanks ^^^. It was delicious and I will do it again next week.  Made a larger one last week with more seafood (13.5” pan)

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Beautiful!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Great looking food. Paella is on my to try list for this summer. You all are pushing me to the edge!
  • GlennM
    No need for a push, just get’r’dun!  :o