Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Paella for two

GlennMGlennM Posts: 809
edited March 12 in EggHead Forum
We love paella but making it and having leftovers is a drag   I ordered a nice little 8.5 inch pan on Amazon and it is the perfect size for the two of us!

Prepped. Shrimp, fresh chorizo chicken thighs 

Protien cooking

Done. Sofrotto is next 

Wont be long now !

Delicious !!

thanks for looking 
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• Wowie!
  • Great cook and pics. Vivid colours. The green peas in pic 6 almost burned my retina!
  • Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 3,032
    Very nice!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• BotchBotch Posts: 6,335
    Oh dear.
    I've avoided paellas as the pans were all so big and I'm cooking for one.  Finally found a "small" 14-incher; I guess I misjudged (or eat too much).  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,771
    Looks great.  I enjoy left-over paella although the socarrat does take a hit.  
    @Botch - you are home-free with that pan.   Enjoy the cook and eats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,130
    I've watched a son-in-law cook paella, and it was WONDERFUL, but seemed like a lot of careful work.  Glad to watch, may not try it myself.  But man, if I went to all of that work, I could eat your whole pan BY MYSELF!  Just doesn't look like enough food for that much work.

Is it really no good as leftovers?
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    Very nice. I love a good paella. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,485
    Nice cook for two!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,211
    Beautiful cook!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,981
    I love paella.  I gave away my 13.5” pan because I wanted more paella for the effort and I enjoy the leftovers. I have an 18” pan now and still find myself looking at the larger pans.

Very nice cook @GlennM and excellent presentation!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
    R2Egg2Q said:
    I love paella.  I gave away my 13.5” pan because I wanted more paella for the effort and I enjoy the leftovers. I have an 18” pan now and still find myself looking at the larger pans.

Give the 32” a try...

Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,981
    @SciAggie - I was afraid you were going to do that! Lol. That’s a beautiful pan.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
    R2Egg2Q said:
    @SciAggie - I was afraid you were going to do that! Lol. That’s a beautiful pan.
    I understand the appeal of the bigger pan, lol. Actually though, the 22” pan I have is really a good size. It will feed 15 if  they are light eaters with other food - or 8 hearty eaters. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • GlennMGlennM Posts: 809
    We have a larger pan but I would prefer to eat it all in one sitting. Especially if I load it up with seafood. The other reason for this small pan is that it will fit a mini max, joe jr or Akorn jr
    @GlennM I didn’t mean to derail the thread. You’re cook is great. I was just messing with @R2Egg2Q. I agree that fresh paella is better than leftovers. This thread will probably make me get a pan your size since it fits the MM. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
    No problem ^^^^
    i am on vacation and we have an Akron jr here. This pan fits it perfectly. 
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 224
    Nicely done.  Love Paella. 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,025
    edited March 14
    SciAggie said:
    R2Egg2Q said:

Give the 32” a try...

Don’t you get me started. Well played though!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,025
    Post of the day.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• 20stone20stone Posts: 1,481
    Sorry to be slow on checking this out.  That is a great looking cook.  Thanks for putting it up
    LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX

• calikingcaliking Posts: 11,120
    Wow. Your post and presentation almost made me eat my phone. Very nicely done .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    edited March 15
    Thanks ^^^. It was delicious and I will do it again next week.  Made a larger one last week with more seafood (13.5” pan)

• bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    Beautiful!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• FredSanfordFredSanford Posts: 12
    Great looking food. Paella is on my to try list for this summer. You all are pushing me to the edge!
    No need for a push, just get’r’dun!  :o