Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Leg joint sliced up for sandwiches.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Earning another SEC championship against a legit TN team.  Go Cats.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Trying to get the Blackstone back up and running. I abused it pretty good last summer/fall. Instead of folding down the legs for transport I've been strapping the Blackstone down in the back of my truck bed. I managed to bend the legs support brackets overtime when strapping it down. So the Blackstone started to lean to one side. My Dad and I were able to bend and adjust everything back but what a mess. I definitely don't recommend strapping the Blackstone down in the truck bed with straps. 

I also managed to strip one of the handles on the bolt for the bottom shelf. (The handle would spin but not loosen the bolt). My dad was able to make a replacement bolt on the lathe. 

The Blackstone has been sitting in the garage since last fall. It was caked with all kinds of sawdust and dirt in the garage. I gave it a bath this afternoon. I seasoned it with 5 layers of lard. Going to be ordering a cover for it. I'm happy to get this thing up and running once again!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I really enjoy SC creme brûlée - my wife not so much. Playing with a torch is a bonus. Enjoy!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Leg joint sliced up for sandwiches.

Not bad for a darn foreigner! LOL! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Earning another SEC championship against a legit TN team.  Go Cats.
    Tennessee definitely woke up.  The first ~10min was rough.  If they came out strong, would have been a different game.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Just go ahead and engrave "The University of Kentucky" on the plate for our 9th National Championship. 30-10. Go Cats!

Who played in the finals of the ACC? Duke and who, North Carolina?

Nevermind, I really don't care about insignificant conferences, typically over hyped, each year.

#9 will be fine.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Just go ahead and engrave "The University of Kentucky" on the plate for our 9th National Championship. 30-10. Go Cats!

Nevermind, I really don't care about insignificant conferences, typically over hyped, each year.

#9 will be fine.
    I have the field if you are interested????  LOL 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - Obviously had Tenn started differently the entire game would have been played differently but would the outcome have changed??  We will never know.
    All I do know from recent events is that it is possible to score 5 points with 0.9 seconds left on the game clock and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat; Louisville vs UVA on Mar 1, 2018.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Your BS looks brand spanking new compared to mine.

Phoenix 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    YukonRon said:

#9 will be fine.
    This is like a post from bizarro world.  Otherwise known as Louisville.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

#9 will be fine.

I was just being a smart azz as always.

But, really, who knows? No team appears to be an overwhelming favorite this year.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    blasting said:
    WeberWho said:
    Your BS looks brand spanking new compared to mine.

I was up really late last night helping my friend taste test his 4 kegs of beer he has on tap. Maybe not the smartest idea when my wife's grandma was coming over today. I couldn't sit around and lounge on the couch all day and look like a bum. So I decided to be productive and go clean up the Blackstone. I even made a turkey burger for grandma.  ;)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

#9 will be fine.

I was just being a smart azz as always.

But, really, who knows? No team appears to be an overwhelming favorite this year.
    You are one of the most eloquent smart azzes I know Ron. Cheers to ya ‘
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Creme brûlée pots are out of the ice bath, headed into the fridge now to sit until dinner.

To be clear, I mostly made these to play with the torch.
    Interested in your impression of this recipie.  I used a similar receipie and I found the amount of yolks used made it to rich for my palate.
    I think they’re really pretty good.  Very rich as you mention, but delicious.  I’d make them again.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Creme brûlée pots are out of the ice bath, headed into the fridge now to sit until dinner.

Recipe please, I have a torch.  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:

Recipe please, I have a torch.  =)
    Recipe is straight off Chef Steps:

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/foolproof-cracklin-creme-brulee

• YukonRon
    Options
    Unreal. Got slightly sunburnt walking our daughter's "less than" Great Pyrenees, on a 6 mile training event (for her, not me), it was about 58F, with a pretty decent wind out of the NW. Now, we have a winter storm advisory, 2nd in 3 days (technically 2) of accumulation of snow, up to 1/3 of a foot.
    Nothing political, just Kentucky March Weather. This has nothing to do with Frontal Lobe Warming.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I don't watch much TV. I try to catch CBS's "Sixty Minutes" on Sundays; if its a rerun or something I know will piss me off, I sometimes end up watching a cartoon on Faux called "Bob's Burgers". It's kinda in the vein of The Simpsons or South Park, really odd and unexpected humor, and sometimes has me rolling on the floor.
    Anyone else watch this? Tonight they had about a dozen "guest cartoonists" who each did separate "scenes" of the show in their own cartoon style, and it was surreal. I missed the first ten minutes or so of the show, so if there was a reason for doing this, I missed it.  
    Any fans here?

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Thinking it "feels" like 9:30 and getting up is gonna suck a bigun 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Thinking it "feels" like 9:30 and getting up is gonna suck a bigun 
    Why is your internal clock messed up?  Party weekend?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Daylight savings time.  You remember from your days in Illinois?
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    FTFY   B)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ah, yeah.  Another reason I'm glad to be back in Az ;)

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    I love cooking at home, but I also love being away.
    Just polished these off:

With a side of fried ocra

That right there is good southern coastal living right there. Y’all come back now ya here!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    First workday on Daylight Savings Time, and I wake up an hour early.
    I can't do anything right.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    I don't watch much TV. I try to catch CBS's "Sixty Minutes" on Sundays; if its a rerun or something I know will piss me off, I sometimes end up watching a cartoon on Faux called "Bob's Burgers". It's kinda in the vein of The Simpsons or South Park, really odd and unexpected humor, and sometimes has me rolling on the floor.
    Anyone else watch this? Tonight they had about a dozen "guest cartoonists" who each did separate "scenes" of the show in their own cartoon style, and it was surreal. I missed the first ten minutes or so of the show, so if there was a reason for doing this, I missed it.  
    Any fans here?
    My kids like Bobs Burgers.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Ordering a pile of stuff from CGS

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky