Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bourbon Marinated T-Bones

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Got these "skinny' T-Bones from the 2 CAB my BIL had processed.  The cows were only 1100-1200# so smallish.  They were processed into thinner cuts than I'd like, but the price was right.  And in reality, the portion sizes work for us.  Marinated 4 hours and cooked hot and fast on the MM.  Only 5 minutes and still got past MR.  Nice change of pace though.  Cheers.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Simple but great 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Hell yeah. Belly up and double marinate those. Once on the front end and then again in the belly. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    You had me at bourbon 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I guess I’d eat that.   

Nice cook Brent!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Cooking with bourbon...and on a Friday PM (and meat during lent)...you have hosed up any chance of redemption.  The devil is on his/her game.  
    Great looking but the proverbial "money shot?"  (Or saving that for later??)  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Well done!  I got one and did it on the MM this week. Apparently T bone is my wife’s new favorite steak (and I have avoided them for years)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Cooking with bourbon...and on a Friday PM (and meat during lent)...you have hosed up any chance of redemption.  The devil is on his/her game.  
    Great looking but the proverbial "money shot?"  (Or saving that for later??)  =)
    Cap, the devil is in the details ;).  And the money shot is in my belly.  You know what it looked like.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Cap, the devil is in the details
    haven't hear the term "cap" since I retired.  It was a common term in my past workplace. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    Options
    @bucky925 - I have no idea of how "cap" relates to your prior life in the RR empire.  My exposure was with a sailor background and all the learning and world experiences that come with it (did I mention tattoos as well-and sober every time??)  Have a great Friday-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Marinade was 1:1 bourbon and Worchestershire, minced garlic, minced shallot, salt and pepper.  Nice variance from routine.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Adding this to the todo list. Very nice.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent - no doubt you likely used top-shelf bourbon for the marinade with little to no thought about the missed opportunities.  =)  At least I hope the final quantity could best be described as minimalist at least regarding bourbon.  You may need an intervention  ;)
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Great looking T-bones @bgebrent . You’d better be fat when we meet.  B)
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Nice bones brother!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good, Brent.  I'll bet those steaks weren't the only things "bourbon marinated"...
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Marinade was 1:1 bourbon and Worchestershire, minced garlic, minced shallot, salt and pepper.  Nice variance from routine.
    I'm trying this. Great looking plate of food.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    1:1 ratio :confused: Marinate:Chef Well at least these weren't monster tomahawks.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Porterhouse or Tbone, thick or thin, it is impossible to beat. The marinade looks to be delicious, and I am sure the meal was.
    I have a book on marinades, I have used for some meals, but the marinade you used, for beef,  is compelling to try.
    As always, great post, beautiful images, and excellent instructions.
    Thank you for posting, and making me a better cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,727
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Great looking steaks!  
  • Captainjimpark
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent nice results, I’m going to try it.can you recommend a brand of bourbon? I’ve never tried it and know zero about it. Many thanks
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I love the view off your deck. The stakes look alright too.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @bgebrent nice results, I’m going to try it.can you recommend a brand of bourbon? I’ve never tried it and know zero about it. Many thanks
    Nothing too expensive.  The brand I used I was gifted and is not one of my favorites.  It only takes 1/2 cup to marinate 2-3 steaks.  I'd pick something you'd serve Buffalo Trace.  Have fun and thanks.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Brent....love me some t-bones. Hope you and N are doing well. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow