Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Grilled, Marinated Red Snapper

bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Marinated the 2.4# red for 8 hours in Carribean themed ingredients.  Included allspice, garlic, ginger, paprika, thyme, basil and lemon(just before before grilling).  One of the best snappers I've pulled off the egg.  N made the saffron rice and salad.  Happy Friday.

The fish.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    edited February 2018
    My favorite fish is Red Snapper with some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning! I prefer the filet though. The eyes bother me! :)
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    That looks real good!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Wow, looks really good. Snapper looks real fresh.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    Photo Egg said:
    Wow, looks really good. Snapper looks real fresh.
    Thanks brother.  We have market here in town that gets crazy good variety of fresh fish.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    That looks amazing!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    That looks great - the whole plate of food!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    How dare you!  My wife decided to cook tonight.  I'm eating caned peanuts

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Nice work, Nicole!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I had fish (salmon), rice and asparagus tonight too. Yours looks better. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    thetrim said:
    Nice work, Nicole!
    Thanks tt.  Gonna eat off of some of that lump you swapped out with brother Double.  Looking forward to it.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    bgebrent said:
    We have market here in town that gets crazy good variety of fresh fish.
    I wish I could get better fish and seafood here. Another fine meal sir. I bet the saffron rice paired with the fish perfectly. Add a nice salad with an acidic dressing... killer meal. Cheers.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bgebrent
    SciAggie said:
    bgebrent said:
    We have market here in town that gets crazy good variety of fresh fish.
    I wish I could get better fish and seafood here. Another fine meal sir. I bet the saffron rice paired with the fish perfectly. Add a nice salad with an acidic dressing... killer meal. Cheers.
    Thank you my friend.  You called it.

Thanks Matt.
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    My wife makes a mean bowl of cereal 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    bgebrent said:
    thetrim said:
    Nice work, Nicole!
    Thanks tt.  Gonna eat off of some of that lump you swapped out with brother Double.  Looking forward to it.
    Huh? 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent said:
    thetrim said:
    Nice work, Nicole!
    Huh? 
    You're cooking for me.  You haven't realized it.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Beautiful!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Yum, love great fish on the BGE.   
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Beautiful, nicely done!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    edited February 2018
    Don't know how I missed this til now.  Great cook and result, as always.  Nailed it across the board.  
    Edit:  couple of of yuge B'ball games today.  Good luck to both.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:
    Don't know how I missed this til now.  Great cook and result, as always.  Nailed it across the board.  
    Edit:  couple of of yuge B'ball games today.  Good luck to both.  
    Thanks Cap!  Olympics and roundball.  We need this one.
  • lousubcap
    @bgebrent Olympics??  It's almost 6 AM over there-can't be much happening.  Now the Purdue-MSU game will be underway in around 15 minutes.  Fire up a couple of TV's??  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Oh Snap that looks great!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent Olympics??  It's almost 6 AM over there-can't be much happening.  Now the Purdue-MSU game will be underway in around 15 minutes.  Fire up a couple of TV's??  
    Watche Olympics 'til now.  Now on ESPN for the Purdue game.  Another big one.
  • bucky925
    g8golfer said:
    My wife would burn cereal....Now, if you asked her to bake a pound cake or cookies you would be impressed, as I am each time!

• bgebrent
    bucky925 said:
    g8golfer said:
    My wife would burn cereal....Now, if you asked her to bake a pound cake or cookies you would be impressed, as I am each time!

Please see if she'll bring either or both to Butt Blast. =)
  • lousubcap
    bgebrent said:
    Great game for those of us with no dog in the fight.  I'm sure your evening is ruined regardless of the UK outcome.  There's always tomorrow.  
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:
    bgebrent said:
    Great game for those of us with no dog in the fight.  I'm sure your evening is ruined regardless of the UK outcome.  There's always tomorrow.  
    It still pivots on UK's outcome.  My team.  Purdue loss was rough.
  • bucky925
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:
    g8golfer said:

She has already been tasked with this.  OMG her chocolate pound cakes crust is to die for!  When our daughter was still at home she would sneek upstairs and pull off all the crust knowing full well her hinie was in BIG trouble.  But she did it anyway...rofl

• bgebrent
    bucky925 said:
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:
    g8golfer said:

She has already been tasked with this.  OMG her chocolate pound cakes crust is to die for!  When our daughter was still at home she would sneek upstairs and pull off all the crust knowing full well her hinie was in BIG trouble.  But she did it anyway...rofl
    Love it.