Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Whole Grilled, Marinated Red Snapper

bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
Marinated the 2.4# red for 8 hours in Carribean themed ingredients.  Included allspice, garlic, ginger, paprika, thyme, basil and lemon(just before before grilling).  One of the best snappers I've pulled off the egg.  N made the saffron rice and salad.  Happy Friday.

The fish.





Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
«1

Comments

  • drumdudeguydrumdudeguy Posts: 95
    edited February 9
    My favorite fish is Red Snapper with some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning! I prefer the filet though. The eyes bother me! :)
    Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWOO, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,414
    That looks real good!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,906
    Wow, looks really good. Snapper looks real fresh.
    Thank you,
    Darian

    Galveston Texas
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    Photo Egg said:
    Wow, looks really good. Snapper looks real fresh.
    Thanks brother.  We have market here in town that gets crazy good variety of fresh fish.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jabamjabam Posts: 1,694
    That looks amazing!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • That looks great - the whole plate of food!! 
    Memphis, TN 
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 967
    How dare you!  My wife decided to cook tonight.  I'm eating caned peanuts

    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,710
    Nice work, Nicole!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,011
    I had fish (salmon), rice and asparagus tonight too. Yours looks better. =)

    I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

                                                                …Unknown

    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    thetrim said:
    Nice work, Nicole!
    Thanks tt.  Gonna eat off of some of that lump you swapped out with brother Double.  Looking forward to it.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    bgebrent said:
    We have market here in town that gets crazy good variety of fresh fish.
    I wish I could get better fish and seafood here. Another fine meal sir. I bet the saffron rice paired with the fish perfectly. Add a nice salad with an acidic dressing... killer meal. Cheers.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,056
    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!

    -----------------------------------------


    2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    SciAggie said:
    bgebrent said:
    We have market here in town that gets crazy good variety of fresh fish.
    I wish I could get better fish and seafood here. Another fine meal sir. I bet the saffron rice paired with the fish perfectly. Add a nice salad with an acidic dressing... killer meal. Cheers.
    Thank you my friend.  You called it.

    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!
    Thanks Matt.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!
    My wife makes a mean bowl of cereal 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,995
    bgebrent said:
    thetrim said:
    Nice work, Nicole!
    Thanks tt.  Gonna eat off of some of that lump you swapped out with brother Double.  Looking forward to it.
    Huh? 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    bgebrent said:
    thetrim said:
    Nice work, Nicole!
    Thanks tt.  Gonna eat off of some of that lump you swapped out with brother Double.  Looking forward to it.
    Huh? 
    You're cooking for me.  You haven't realized it.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,038
    Beautiful!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

  • MotownVolMotownVol Posts: 467
    Yum, love great fish on the BGE.   
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,228
    Beautiful, nicely done!
    Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------


  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,786
    edited February 10
    Don't know how I missed this til now.  Great cook and result, as always.  Nailed it across the board.  
    Edit:  couple of of yuge B'ball games today.  Good luck to both.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    lousubcap said:
    Don't know how I missed this til now.  Great cook and result, as always.  Nailed it across the board.  
    Edit:  couple of of yuge B'ball games today.  Good luck to both.  
    Thanks Cap!  Olympics and roundball.  We need this one.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,786
    @bgebrent Olympics??  It's almost 6 AM over there-can't be much happening.  Now the Purdue-MSU game will be underway in around 15 minutes.  Fire up a couple of TV's??  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,139
    Oh Snap that looks great!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent Olympics??  It's almost 6 AM over there-can't be much happening.  Now the Purdue-MSU game will be underway in around 15 minutes.  Fire up a couple of TV's??  
    Watche Olympics 'til now.  Now on ESPN for the Purdue game.  Another big one.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 967
    g8golfer said:
    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!
    My wife makes a mean bowl of cereal 
    My wife would burn cereal....Now, if you asked her to bake a pound cake or cookies you would be impressed, as I am each time!

    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    bucky925 said:
    g8golfer said:
    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!
    My wife makes a mean bowl of cereal 
    My wife would burn cereal....Now, if you asked her to bake a pound cake or cookies you would be impressed, as I am each time!

    Please see if she'll bring either or both to Butt Blast. =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,786
    bgebrent said:
    Watche Olympics 'til now.  Now on ESPN for the Purdue game.  Another big one.
    Great game for those of us with no dog in the fight.  I'm sure your evening is ruined regardless of the UK outcome.  There's always tomorrow.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    lousubcap said:
    bgebrent said:
    Watche Olympics 'til now.  Now on ESPN for the Purdue game.  Another big one.
    Great game for those of us with no dog in the fight.  I'm sure your evening is ruined regardless of the UK outcome.  There's always tomorrow.  
    It still pivots on UK's outcome.  My team.  Purdue loss was rough.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 967
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:
    g8golfer said:
    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!
    My wife makes a mean bowl of cereal 
    My wife would burn cereal....Now, if you asked her to bake a pound cake or cookies you would be impressed, as I am each time!

    Please see if she'll bring either or both to Butt Blast. =)
    She has already been tasked with this.  OMG her chocolate pound cakes crust is to die for!  When our daughter was still at home she would sneek upstairs and pull off all the crust knowing full well her hinie was in BIG trouble.  But she did it anyway...rofl
    Live fast. die young, and leave a well marbled corps. 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,511
    bucky925 said:
    bgebrent said:
    bucky925 said:
    g8golfer said:
    You and N make a good culinary team.  Nice cook Brent!!
    My wife makes a mean bowl of cereal 
    My wife would burn cereal....Now, if you asked her to bake a pound cake or cookies you would be impressed, as I am each time!

    Please see if she'll bring either or both to Butt Blast. =)
    She has already been tasked with this.  OMG her chocolate pound cakes crust is to die for!  When our daughter was still at home she would sneek upstairs and pull off all the crust knowing full well her hinie was in BIG trouble.  But she did it anyway...rofl
    Love it.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.