Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It’s National Pizza Day. Who Knew?

I didn’t know until after lunch. When I came home from work I had to throw together some dough using commercial yeast (don’t hate on me). I made a béchamel sauce for the base, then wilted spinach, caramelized onions, homemade maple bacon, and mozzarella cheese. It was pretty tasty.   

Thanks for looking. If you made pizza today, post a pic! Let’s celebrate National Pizza Day!
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Looking great as always
    XL, 2-Lg, Mini, 36" Blackstone (Formerly CM23)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Too late. I did make pizza today (for lunch), but no pics. Though it was Lahey dough, pepperoni and onion - same as this one, so here's a 2 month old pic. Today's looked the same. Only more round. =) 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Killer man. Just something about the right equipment.  Nice work.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @bgebrent Thanks. I love my eggs and use them all the time. I am also thankful I took the plunge on this oven. My wife and I enjoy it. It is a beast for pizza and anything you want to roast. I’ll fire it up just to roast potatoes or vegetables. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2018
    Nice lookin' pie.
    Heard this on the way to work this morning, Elvis Duran Morning Show.

Was going to order a pie from my favorite place, but settled on leftover prime rib, corn, and mashed taters. 

It's been too long since I've ripped one.  Maybe next weekend?  Pizza is my favorite food, and cook, hands down. 

In honor of today, my last rip...I heart pie, NY style especially.

Been wanting to take a stab at Chicago style before Spring, as I've found a nice 13" vintage CI skillet for it, which fits perfectly in the large.  We'll see.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Focker said:
    Been wanting to take a stab at Chicago style before Spring, as I've found a nice 13" vintage CI skillet for it, which fits perfectly in the large.  We'll see.
    Chicago?! You? That'll be the day. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• A modest attempt:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2018
    Focker said:
    Chicago?! You? That'll be the day. :rofl:
    LOL, I know right!

One of the few styles, "Casserole", that actually works on the egg.
    We'll see.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    edited February 2018
    Awesome cook as usual. I'm going to send my son ('10 on his ring)  to visit you next time he comes home.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Dang it, I missed it.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Very nice!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Nice lookin pies. 

Little Rock, AR