Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5 Briskets 6 Butts Fund Raiser Cook

Have 5 Briskets and 6 Butts going for my neighbor. This is to raise funds for the ISD Wrestling Team. They are have a Championship meet tomorrow and they will be serving both chop beef and chop pork Hope this goes close to plan!  =)

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Looks like a lot of adult beverages are about to be consumed.  Nice gesture and enjoy the journey.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Great cook right there.  Should generate some decent revenue.
    Hopefully you have some help feeding the sticks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Yes! 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Looking great!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Looks fantastic!
    This is a walk in the park for you...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    Props to you !!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    @Hotch be like

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Sweet! Will be following!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Yes sir!!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Great pics Hotch! Looks awesome! Did you notice any difference in smoke flavor between the main chamber and the warming box cooks? That's if you snuck any bites. ;) Was there a big difference in wood consumption when using both the main chamber and warming box compared to just the main chamber? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice work brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Job well done brother.  Dumb question, is that salt in the first picture?  Assuming that is there to absorb some of the grease to prevent scorching and creating an "off" taste.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Nice! Love the shirley!
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Job well done brother.  Dumb question, is that salt in the first picture?  Assuming that is there to absorb some of the grease to prevent scorching and creating an "off" taste.
    saluki2007 Yes it is. Cooking at 325+ in the warmer the charcoal pan (aka Drip Pan) is hot. So I used @Mickey 's trick to absorb the butt fat dripping from above. This helped eliminate having a grease fire. I did have a small one in the back corner.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    WeberWho said:
    Great pics Hotch! Looks awesome! Did you notice any difference in smoke flavor between the main chamber and the warming box cooks? That's if you snuck any bites. ;) Was there a big difference in wood consumption when using both the main chamber and warming box compared to just the main chamber? 
    @WeberWho Thanks. I used post oak for this run. It was well seasoned so the smoke was very mild. The smoke flavor seemed equal between the main and warmer. I fiddled with both baffles throughout the cook to keep each cook chamber within their respective temp ranges. I'll post the stick schedule a bit later today. Now I'm fix'n to light her up to warm all of the pans before delivering them over to the school.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    This is awesome!!! Great man to do this. I bet you will end up doing more!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • great cook and documentation

Tampa, FL
  • Hotch
    @Thatgrimguy Thanks guys. Scott as you know it is not as easy as it looks.
    I did enjoy it and I'm one tired son of a gun.
    Warm-up took from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm today.
    And yes I will do it again!!
    A few pics of today's work, final in the warming cabinet and the cook report.
    Thanks for looking!

Chuck Wagon!!

Hit the Warming Cabinet with all pans @ 160+ in the concession room.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    This.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Outstanding job there Hotch!
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    That's an impressive cook and equally impressive smoker.  And really nice of you to volunteer your time for a good cause.  AAA+

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,726
    Very nice!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Hotch
    Thanks guys!
    And thanks to @Thatgrimguy for his wisdom and help.
    His input was a big factor in this going good.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Home run, Hotch!!

That's a darn sweet cooker. Hope to personally see it in action some time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    caliking said:
    Home run, Hotch!!

That's a darn sweet cooker. Hope to personally see it in action some time. 
    @caliking Thanks!
    We will be cooking at the BBQ Brethren Texas Spring Bash at Lake Ray Roberts on March 24. Come on up!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX