Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Kurobuta Chops on the MM

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Step up taste wise from what I've had previously from grocery or butcher.  Absolutely delicious.  Rubbed 'em with The Radio Chef Rustique rub compliments of @JRWhitee.  Good stuff!  Sautéed veggies a la Nichole and grilled taters.  Happy Friday!

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Yeah, that looks deeeelish. Are they decent size, I am big dude, and like them SV then seared?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Good looking plate Brent 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I like it!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Yeah, that looks deeeelish. Are they decent size, I am big dude, and like them SV then seared?
    Ron, they are not large, just delicious.  I'll usually do thick chops SV the sear as you suggest.  This size chop does best hot and fast.  You'd want 2 or more.  Give it a go, you'll be glad you did bro.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ron, they are not large, just delicious.  I'll usually do thick chops SV the sear as you suggest.  This size chop does best hot and fast.  You'd want 2 or more.  Give it a go, you'll be glad you did bro.
    I will, thank you for the insight. I saw on SRF the negative comments about the ribs on size, did not know if it would carry over to the chops.
    I will get me a few and do the hot and fast.
    Thanks again.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gonepostal
    Options
    I'm sure the pork rocks but those veggies...I will be stealing that as a side very soon! 
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I'm sure the pork rocks but those veggies...I will be stealing that as a side very soon! 
    Good call. Zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    That’s a fine looking meal!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Very nice!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn fine meal there.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Great looking cook as always.  And those veggies seal the deal.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Nice job Brent, need to try those as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia