Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

SRF Kurobuta Chops on the MM

bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,458
Step up taste wise from what I've had previously from grocery or butcher.  Absolutely delicious.  Rubbed 'em with The Radio Chef Rustique rub compliments of @JRWhitee.  Good stuff!  Sautéed veggies a la Nichole and grilled taters.  Happy Friday!

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,220
    Yeah, that looks deeeelish. Are they decent size, I am big dude, and like them SV then seared?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 9,994
    Gawjus!
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    Good looking plate Brent 
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,137
    I like it!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,458
    YukonRon said:
    Yeah, that looks deeeelish. Are they decent size, I am big dude, and like them SV then seared?
    Ron, they are not large, just delicious.  I'll usually do thick chops SV the sear as you suggest.  This size chop does best hot and fast.  You'd want 2 or more.  Give it a go, you'll be glad you did bro.
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,220
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ron, they are not large, just delicious.  I'll usually do thick chops SV the sear as you suggest.  This size chop does best hot and fast.  You'd want 2 or more.  Give it a go, you'll be glad you did bro.
    I will, thank you for the insight. I saw on SRF the negative comments about the ribs on size, did not know if it would carry over to the chops.
    I will get me a few and do the hot and fast.
    Thanks again.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • gonepostalgonepostal Posts: 266
    I'm sure the pork rocks but those veggies...I will be stealing that as a side very soon! 
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,458
    I'm sure the pork rocks but those veggies...I will be stealing that as a side very soon! 
    Good call. Zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions. 
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,981
    That’s a fine looking meal!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    Very nice!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,677
    Damn fine meal there.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,760
    Great looking cook as always.  And those veggies seal the deal.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,493
    Nice job Brent, need to try those as well.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia