Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Stone Chipped

Options
Just received my first pizza stone in the mail, and it has some small chips around the edges. Given that it’s ceramic I know that it’s brittle/fragile but didn’t know if this was normal condition to receive one in. Don’t want to make a stink to the company if this is just normal for pizza stones.

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Post a pic!

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Woodchunk
    Options
    Send a picture to the company you bought it from.
  • SmokeOnTheMountain
    Options
    There’s more minor ones all the way around on both sides but those are the bigger ones. Don’t know if this ruins the “integrity” or if it will be fine.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    That, my friend, was a second before it was even packaged and not damaged in transit!  Was it priced as such?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SmokeOnTheMountain
    Options
    @RRP was sold as brand new. Like I said, didn’t know if this was normal or not, or if it would affect integrity. I have an email into the company now.
  • Hntrss
    Hntrss Posts: 16
    Options
    Send it back, they may not even want it back.  Maybe a free backup if you’re lucky
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    If it was me, I’d ask for a replacement. You paid for a new product and, accordingly, should receive something in new condition. 
  • RRP
    Options
    @RRP was sold as brand new. Like I said, didn’t know if this was normal or not, or if it would affect integrity. I have an email into the company now.
    Since this is a BGE sponsored site will you tell us whether or not it came from BGE? With the sharp edges I'm going to guess it wasn't and that it probably came from a ceramic kiln producer supplier. Right or wrong?
  • SmokeOnTheMountain
    Options
    Correct. This is not a BGE item but an aftermarket item from a third party website.
  • RRP
    Options
    Correct. This is not a BGE item but an aftermarket item from a third party website.
    GFL as a buddy used to say.
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    I bought one from the ceramic Grill store damaged just like that I took a picture of it and called them and they sent me a new one right away no problem at all.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I bought one from the ceramic Grill store damaged just like that I took a picture of it and called them and they sent me a new one right away no problem at all.
    Ceramic grill store folks are awesome - I ordered  a rig from them on Tuesday I wanted by Friday.  It was late in the day (after 4pm) and they managed to get it shipped Tuesday and arrived today - a day early. Awesome!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

CGS is a terrific company, and your experience fits my own opinion of them.  Their racks and rigs cannot be beat.  The two stones I've got from them are a kinda rough compared to the fit and finish of my BGE stones.       
    Phoenix 
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    blasting said:

CGS is a terrific company, and your experience fits my own opinion of them.  Their racks and rigs cannot be beat.  The two stones I've got from them are a kinda rough compared to the fit and finish of my BGE stones.       
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    I'm having a problem figuring this quote stuff out I hit quote and then I can't type anything behind it
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I'm having a problem figuring this quote stuff out I hit quote and then I can't type anything behind it

@sirlancealot

If you hit quote, just start typing.  If you hit backspace it will blend your response with the quote.  I usually space down a couple times to avoid this.

Phoenix 
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    blasting said:

I'm trying it now Mr. Blasting. Let's see.

@sirlancealot

If you hit quote, just start typing.  If you hit backspace it will blend your response with the quote.  I usually space down a couple times to avoid this.

• sirlancealot
    Options
    blasting said:

@sirlancealot

blasting said:

@sirlancealot

I think it worked this time. Thx.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have a cheap pizza stone I picked up at World Market a few years back for around $20.00 - $25.00, I think, I just remember it being cheap.

I have abused the stone, every way you can imagine, and it is still 100%.
    It is not massive, but it works.

Just curios, anyone try a round CI plate?

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Unacceptable.  Send it back. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SmokeOnTheMountain
    Options
    Just got an email back from company, sending out a replacement stone and no need to return the chipped one.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Excellent, looks like you had some GFL. What ever that means.

• Hntrss
    Hntrss Posts: 16
    Options
    Just got an email back from company, sending out a replacement stone and no need to return the chipped one.
    Bingo!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    RRP said:
    That, my friend, was a second before it was even packaged and not damaged in transit!  Was it priced as such?
    That, my friend, is not close to correct.......

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options

Sorry for the inconveniences.  Use the current until the new one arrives. 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Now you'll have two stones. The chipped one will work just fine.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RRP
    Options
    tjv said:
    RRP said:
    That, my friend, is not close to correct.......

t
    My full apologies, Tom. I had no clue it came from you! Had the OP given a clue then I would have only touted your "bend over backwards fairness" at addressing issues.
  • SmokeOnTheMountain
    SmokeOnTheMountain Posts: 51
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have heard nothing but good things about that store. That’s why I left where I got it out from the OP, and also the reason for the post. I’ve never had a pizza stone so I didn’t know if that was normal or me being over critical. Didn’t want to create a huge stink. But I am very pleased with the customer service, thats probably one of the easiest if not the easiest company I’ve dealt with. 
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    I just received one that is just like that..I just ignored and have been using it. I figured it was chipped in transit. 
    I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    I have made numerous purchases from CGS and have never had any problems with any of the items. I feel very confident that if I did, they would do everything they could to make it right. Glad everything worked out for you.

XL BGE
    MD