Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

whats the going rate on a Big Green Egg Chiminea

Options
2»

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I've heard of people finding them for under $100. I've seen over $500. I wouldn't sell mine for $1500 though, as mine was a quest, and hopefully I gained a friend out of the deal. 
    Will you take bourbon?
    FTFY
    I will trade you the 10 and 12 year old PV, or the 23 year PV for your Chiminea.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    the folks at BGE were right on top of something...

make it a bit deeper and market it as a pizza oven...I'd easily pay a grand for it... 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Retro said:
     I own a blue BGE chiminea. Have had it for probably 15 years. At the time they were sold it was kind of like a quest for a unicorn. I found mine in a little Mom and Pop hardware store in Gardner, KS.
    @Retro Any chance you can post a pic of that blue unicorn Chiminea?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Retro
    Retro Posts: 88
    Options
    I'll give it a try this weekend and post it up. I'm definitely NOT a high tech guy though.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    @Retro - Very cool - I have never seen one in blue.  Thanks for posting.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • womaus
    womaus Posts: 256
    Options
    I will trade you the 10 and 12 year old PV, or the 23 year PV for your Chiminea.

Oh my. It's true, there is a heaven.

• Retro
    Options
    @Retro - Very cool - I have never seen one in blue.  Thanks for posting.
    There are also a few BGE cookers out there in blue. The shop I bought this in had one in large. Had just bought a green BGE and didn't think it was worth having 2 eggs at the time.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Retro said:
    BGE chiminea in Blue. I've had it for over 15 years. My Grand Daughter has taste a ton of marshmallows and hotdogs over the chimney of this thing. Look like I need to get the black BBQ paint out and touch up the fire screen.

Thanks for posting!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    You know you can buy a brand new chimenea at Home Depot for 79 bucks and for the price of a rattle can you can make it any color you want. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Retro
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Absolutely agree. BUT! It won't be a Big Green Egg Chiminea.
    Are you implying this is not a blue BGE chiminea?
  • td66snrf
    Options
    Retro said:
    @Retro In no way am I implying that yours is not the holy grail of chimineas. I was just pointing out the irony of what a brand new one costs as opposed to what people are offering you for yours. Cheers!
  • baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    You know you can buy a brand new chimenea at Home Depot for 79 bucks and for the price of a rattle can you can make it any color you want.

Not quite. HD does have some similar items but nothing from the BGE company.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • Retro
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Retro said:
    @Retro In no way am I implying that yours is not the holy grail of chimineas. I was just pointing out the irony of what a brand new one costs as opposed to what people are offering you for yours. Cheers!
    I haven't had any offers here on the BGE forum. Not sure my wife would let it go in any case. I wouldn't call it a Holy Grail...I would call the blue BGE smokers they came out with at the same time the HOLY GRAIL. I saw one and had a chance to buy it when I bought this chiminea. I had just purchased my Egg and didn't think I needed 2 of them. Still kicking myself. I actually like the blue more than the green.
  • td66snrf
    Options
    baychilla said:
    td66snrf said:

Not quite. HD does have some similar items but nothing from the BGE company.
    @baychilla
    I never said it was  a BGE chiminea. I just said it was new. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Just ran a speed test - I'm getting 119.47 Mbps and it's still taking a hella long time for these pics to load.  Vanilla?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • td66snrf
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I've heard of people finding them for under $100. I've seen over $500. I wouldn't sell mine for $1500 though, as mine was a quest, and hopefully I gained a friend out of the deal. 
    I'll pay $1400 plus freight.
    @Retro. @Ozzie_Isaac I may be mistaken but it looks like  @Ozzie_Isaac offered you  $1400 plus shipping. 
  • Retro
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    Jeremiah said:
    @Retro. @Ozzie_Isaac I may be mistaken but it looks like  @Ozzie_Isaac offered you  $1400 plus shipping. 
    I don't believe he was making that offer to me. If I was going to sell I'd take the 1 MILLION DOLLARS offered earlier in the thread. 1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!LMBO
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Retro said:
    td66snrf said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I don't believe he was making that offer to me. If I was going to sell I'd take the 1 MILLION DOLLARS offered earlier in the thread. 1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!LMBO
    It was an offer in jest, even as much as I love the Chimineas.  It was aimed at @Jeremiah s comment on $1500.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Retro
    Options
    WELL!! That's just GREAT!! Next I suppose Dobie is going to step in and bak away from the ONE MILLION DOLLARS?