Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

whats the going rate on a Big Green Egg Chiminea

2»

Comments

  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,798
    edited January 25
    JRWhitee said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I've heard of people finding them for under $100. I've seen over $500. I wouldn't sell mine for $1500 though, as mine was a quest, and hopefully I gained a friend out of the deal. 
    Will you take bourbon?
    FTFY
    I will trade you the 10 and 12 year old PV, or the 23 year PV for your Chiminea.


    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

    XL, Medium, Minimax, Blackstone Griddle
  • billt01billt01 Posts: 715
    the folks at BGE were right on top of something...

    make it a bit deeper and market it as a pizza oven...I'd easily pay a grand for it... 
     "Don't listen to her, Bob.Remember: those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
                                                                                                     -Jane
                                                                                                     "Man and Superman"
    Have:
    LBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3), Blackstone 36

    Had:
    Lang 60D, Cookshack SM150, Stumps Stretch, Stumps Baby

    Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,326
    edited January 25
    Retro said:
     I own a blue BGE chiminea. Have had it for probably 15 years. At the time they were sold it was kind of like a quest for a unicorn. I found mine in a little Mom and Pop hardware store in Gardner, KS.
    @Retro Any chance you can post a pic of that blue unicorn Chiminea?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • RetroRetro Posts: 19
    I'll give it a try this weekend and post it up. I'm definitely NOT a high tech guy though.
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 509
    @Retro - Very cool - I have never seen one in blue.  Thanks for posting.
    Memphis, TN 
  • womauswomaus Posts: 46
    I will trade you the 10 and 12 year old PV, or the 23 year PV for your Chiminea.



    Oh my. It's true, there is a heaven.

  • RetroRetro Posts: 19
    @Retro - Very cool - I have never seen one in blue.  Thanks for posting.
    There are also a few BGE cookers out there in blue. The shop I bought this in had one in large. Had just bought a green BGE and didn't think it was worth having 2 eggs at the time.

  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,326
    Retro said:
    BGE chiminea in Blue. I've had it for over 15 years. My Grand Daughter has taste a ton of marshmallows and hotdogs over the chimney of this thing. Look like I need to get the black BBQ paint out and touch up the fire screen.

    Thanks for posting!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,367
    You know you can buy a brand new chimenea at Home Depot for 79 bucks and for the price of a rattle can you can make it any color you want. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • RetroRetro Posts: 19
    edited January 28
    Absolutely agree. BUT! It won't be a Big Green Egg Chiminea.
    Are you implying this is not a blue BGE chiminea?
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,367
    Retro said:
    Absolutely agree. BUT! It won't be a Big Green Egg Chiminea.
    Are you implying this is not a blue BGE chiminea?
    @Retro In no way am I implying that yours is not the holy grail of chimineas. I was just pointing out the irony of what a brand new one costs as opposed to what people are offering you for yours. Cheers!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • baychillabaychilla Posts: 305
    td66snrf said:
    You know you can buy a brand new chimenea at Home Depot for 79 bucks and for the price of a rattle can you can make it any color you want.

    Not quite. HD does have some similar items but nothing from the BGE company.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • RetroRetro Posts: 19
    td66snrf said:
    Retro said:
    Absolutely agree. BUT! It won't be a Big Green Egg Chiminea.
    Are you implying this is not a blue BGE chiminea?
    @Retro In no way am I implying that yours is not the holy grail of chimineas. I was just pointing out the irony of what a brand new one costs as opposed to what people are offering you for yours. Cheers!
    I haven't had any offers here on the BGE forum. Not sure my wife would let it go in any case. I wouldn't call it a Holy Grail...I would call the blue BGE smokers they came out with at the same time the HOLY GRAIL. I saw one and had a chance to buy it when I bought this chiminea. I had just purchased my Egg and didn't think I needed 2 of them. Still kicking myself. I actually like the blue more than the green.
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,367
    baychilla said:
    td66snrf said:
    You know you can buy a brand new chimenea at Home Depot for 79 bucks and for the price of a rattle can you can make it any color you want.

    Not quite. HD does have some similar items but nothing from the BGE company.
    @baychilla
    I never said it was  a BGE chiminea. I just said it was new. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 500
    Just ran a speed test - I'm getting 119.47 Mbps and it's still taking a hella long time for these pics to load.  Vanilla?

    A BGE chiminea, a small and a 17" BS in Las Cruces, NM

  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 1,367
    Jeremiah said:
    I've heard of people finding them for under $100. I've seen over $500. I wouldn't sell mine for $1500 though, as mine was a quest, and hopefully I gained a friend out of the deal. 
    I'll pay $1400 plus freight.
    @Retro. @Ozzie_Isaac I may be mistaken but it looks like  @Ozzie_Isaac offered you  $1400 plus shipping. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • RetroRetro Posts: 19
    td66snrf said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I've heard of people finding them for under $100. I've seen over $500. I wouldn't sell mine for $1500 though, as mine was a quest, and hopefully I gained a friend out of the deal. 
    I'll pay $1400 plus freight.
    @Retro. @Ozzie_Isaac I may be mistaken but it looks like  @Ozzie_Isaac offered you  $1400 plus shipping. 
    I don't believe he was making that offer to me. If I was going to sell I'd take the 1 MILLION DOLLARS offered earlier in the thread. 1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!LMBO
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,798
    Retro said:
    td66snrf said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I've heard of people finding them for under $100. I've seen over $500. I wouldn't sell mine for $1500 though, as mine was a quest, and hopefully I gained a friend out of the deal. 
    I'll pay $1400 plus freight.
    @Retro. @Ozzie_Isaac I may be mistaken but it looks like  @Ozzie_Isaac offered you  $1400 plus shipping. 
    I don't believe he was making that offer to me. If I was going to sell I'd take the 1 MILLION DOLLARS offered earlier in the thread. 1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!LMBO
    It was an offer in jest, even as much as I love the Chimineas.  It was aimed at @Jeremiah s comment on $1500.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

    XL, Medium, Minimax, Blackstone Griddle
  • RetroRetro Posts: 19
    WELL!! That's just GREAT!! Next I suppose Dobie is going to step in and bak away from the ONE MILLION DOLLARS? 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.