Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Keith Jackson

DoubleEgger
DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
edited January 2018 in Off Topic
The Voice of College Football has passed. RIP to a legend. Whoa Nellie! 

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    He was a great one.   RIP
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • One of the best!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    The granddaddy of them all
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Whoa, Nellie!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    He tagged Michigan Stadium "The Big House".  The voice of college football. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Dang.  He was a great broadcaster and nice man.  During college, ROTC cadets did stadium security at Nebraska games.  As an upperclassman, I got to “guard” the press box.  He brought me a cookie, and a glass of lemonade and chatted me up for a minute.  I’ll never forget it! Rest In Peace, Keith.

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• He was the best.  Loved listening to him call games.  Iconic.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    He was the announcer at an amateur boxing event that I attended in 1978 at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum. The main event was Jimmy Clark versus a Russian (don’t recall the Russians name).  Most probably don’t remember Jimmy Clark. What he is most famous for is being the first professional boxer that Mike Tyson sparred with at age 16. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    WoW. Keith Oh My Jackson ...that's Color Commentary 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    My favorite...R.I.P.
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    edited January 2018
    First Mr. (his first name gets censored) Enberg and now Keith Jackson. Definitely two of the greatest.
    Stillwater, MN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    SaltySam said:
    Dang.  He was a great broadcaster and nice man.  During college, ROTC cadets did stadium security at Nebraska games.  As an upperclassman, I got to “guard” the press box.  He brought me a cookie, and a glass of lemonade and chatted me up for a minute.  I’ll never forget it! Rest In Peace, Keith.
    Sam, what years were you there?  I had a buddy graduate in '93 or '94 and another that must've been a late 80's grad.  Both were ROTC.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    I got there in 97, as a sophomore, and graduated in 2002 as a super duper senior.  I’d say the Chances are pretty low that I’d recognize your buddies name, but you never know!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    From Roopville, GA. RIP. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    He was the Best. RIP

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Great sports voice...
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    He will be missed, one of my favorites