Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Food Processor

Picked this up on Christmas Eve. Like new in box for $36.00. No sign of use. Seems to work perfect but first time user. Shredded some hard, sharp cheddar and it did great but a little finer than I like. I'm sure they make other discs.
Maybe try pizza dough later tonight.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Wow!  I’ve got the same one but it sure didn’t cost $36!
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Santa was good to you!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    I've been experimenting with pizza dough and after reading the pizza dough article on "Serious Eats" I bought a similar Cuisinart unit on Craig's List.  You got a great deal!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    That's larger machine I use.  You'll like it. Congrats.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I’m going to send you a shopping list every quarter or so, since you can sniff out way better deals than I can. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Made a batch of dough using the small sample recipe book included.
    Not as fluent as my mixer but I only had bread flower and it asked for unbleached AP. 

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    caliking said:
    I’m going to send you a shopping list every quarter or so, since you can sniff out way better deals than I can. 
    Just lucky at times but I hit the local places almost every time I have extra time and I'm driving by. 99% of the time I walk out empty handed.
    I had a good run Christmas Eve on the way to north Houston.
    Got the food processor, a Zeiss Rangefinder and a Sonos Speaker.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Hawg Fan said:
    I've been experimenting with pizza dough and after reading the pizza dough article on "Serious Eats" I bought a similar Cuisinart unit on Craig's List.  You got a great deal!
    I read that as well. To lazy to dig it back up tonight but it will be next. Great read for sure.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    My proofing station. Every other place in my house is 60 degrees.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    A Sonos speaker?! I need to take lessons.

I found that my oven , off, with the light on and door closed, is about 95F-ish.  Has been great for proofing dough.

• Photo Egg
    caliking said:
    A Sonos speaker?! I need to take lessons.

I found that my oven , off, with the light on and door closed, is about 95F-ish.  Has been great for proofing dough.
    Great idea with oven light. I have been following all your bread related posts. But I see not close enough.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Are these better than a kitchenaid mixer with a processor atachment?
    Gittin' there...
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I proof mine in the oven. Turn it on to preheat for just a couple of minutes. Stays warm for quite a while. Sometimes I even remember to turn it on again later for another bit. Just don't forget to turn it off!!

I would prefer the oven light, but mine goes out when I close the door. At least I assume it does - I have no window in the door and no light switch. =) But to make up for that shortcoming, I can bake a pizza at 725° in it. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I'll proof cold dough balls by throwing them in the microwave for a few minutes at 10% power.
    I'll proof cold dough balls by throwing them in the microwave for a few minutes at 10% power.
    I read a bread baking hint once that said to nuke a cup of water for 5 minutes, leave the boiled water in the microwave and place the dough in there covered with a tea towel. Haven't tried it with pizza dough, but it speeds up the process for a loaf of bread nicely.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Photo Egg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    Who cares about the food processor any more... that's a nice looking pie :)

• Awesome score D. We use ours all the time. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Photo Egg
    caliking said:
    Who cares about the food processor any more... that's a nice looking pie :)
    Thanks. Kind of a rush job with cheap, store bought ingredients but still better than frozen.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    This one came out better.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas