Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snow blowers

Options
2»

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Usually I use the plow on my wheelhorse tractor, but when I can not keep up with it because it is coming down heavy and wet, I use a Yard Machines snowblower that my wife had when we got married. Maintenance: I run it dry every year, and then I throw a splash of ethanol free in it then run it dry again. When I am actually using it for the driveway, I use regular gas. Starts on the second pull every time.

Whatever make/model you choose, make sure you get a handful of extra shear pins for the auger(s). Nothing worse than having to put a bolt on a drill and fabricating one with a angle grinder when you have 12+ inches to get off the driveway. Been there did that. Sucks.
    I think I have about 20 spares now. I will never allow that to happen again. Ever.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    We use 100% solar power down here to clear snow. We were green before it was even cool :smiley:

I had an old Ariens that came with the place I bought in WI. It could have been used to film the wood chipper scene in Fargo. One of the most fun “murder ready” pieces of equipment I’ve ever owned. We had people come visit us in TX (one on this very forum) in the winter and spent hours out blasting snow (in a suit, fresh from a wedding). It was glorious. My neighbor asked if I had hired a snow butler. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Danielson
    Options
    I bought a new Cub Cadet 3 stage blower with a cab. Works well with right snow conditions, hardly use it after I put blade on my Kubota tractor. We’ve received more than a foot the last week 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    What is this “snow “ that you speak of?
    Its the white sh!t that makes your blood pressure increase and moving it is the cause for many a heart attack
    None to shovel in phoenix,   no dangerous icy walkways, no salt, no rusty cars, no snow to shovel....yeah, ill take that any day
    I'd trade hurricanes for a reasonable amount of it.
    We dont have those either.  Just surface of sun temps in summer but hey, no place is perfect...
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Incidentially @Carolina Q, for those of us with arthritic knees, lower back issues from football days, and aches and pains, 110F is really therapeutic and we look forward to summer every year...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Image result for hookers in the snow
    Only two things that don't get cold, polar bears and ladies of the night.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Where we live now, snow blowers are overkill.
    I bought a Torro years ago when we first moved here, and on the first use, the belt broke. About 7 years ago the had a problem with the belts on a certain series.
    I got a replacement belt at the hardware store, same day, by the time I replaced it, the snow had mostly melted away.
    Sold the snow blower to my neighbor. Now when it snows, he does my sidewalks and driveways.
    Feeling pretty good about that.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Only two things that don't get cold, polar bears and ladies of the night.
    I think he was going for “ snow blowers” 
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Where's @stlcharcoal ?  He has an original Detroit style snow blower.  :lol:
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I have had the same Honda ^^^ for maybe 25 years. A great investment
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • CanadianAnvil
    Options
    Problem is that Honda is probably worth $3500 here plus taxes. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I've had the Honda HS520 single stage for about ten years? Don't remember exactly when, it was the year after the badass snow storm winter in Ontario when snowblowers were sold out everywhere!
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Problem is that Honda is probably worth $3500 here plus taxes. 
    That sounds like what I paid for it.  It is built like a tank, it is easy to start and maneuver.  Super happy with it.  Hopefully it will last as long as @GlennM ‘s one.