Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Attn Tom at CGS: please make rotisserie setup for bge

Options
2»

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Occasionally I see old gasers on CL, with busted rusted burners and grids, but include rotisserie motor and kit still new in box, for under $50.  Just grab one and convert to charcoal.  More real estate too, can do direct/indirect at the same time.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Hey @paqman someone in your neck of the woods is selling this vintage toy, interesting ...

canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    @Canugghead Search for it on amazon and look for the reviews.  You'll want to buy it...

THE SECRET of the "OPEN HEARTH" NO SMOKE OR SPATTER The secret is as old as cooking itself ... AIR - Air circulating around the cooking meat allows the meat to "breathe." We call it the "Cool Zone" method. It gives steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, chops, chicken, and even roasts (when you use the Rotisserie unit) a flavor everyone loves. Remember your FARBERWARE Broiler needs no hood, no enclosure, that tends to draw up moisture and dry out meat. Natural juices are sealed in, only the fat is drained off, assuring less loss of meat nutrients and more flavorful, healthful meals. The FARBERWARE exclusive "Cool Zone" method means smokeless, spatterless cooking. You are hardly aware meat is cooking. You can broil your meat right at the table. Unlike conventional electric broilers, FARBERWARE'S heating element is below the grill, eliminating smoke and heat. In addition, a specially designed aluminum drip tray absorbs and disperses heat evenly, eliminating spatter. EVERYTHING ... from the classic hot dog to a hearty roast ... TASTES BETTER. From The Gallery of Masterpieces 1966

Options
    @paqman , I saw that, and seller is asking over $400USD, your neighbour's 90$ asking price is a steal  =)
    canuckland
  • Grillfittiguy
    Options
    I'm surprised no one knew about this.  BGE had a rotisserie for their units back in 2003, called of course, the EGG-Tisserie.  Picture shows it on display at Eggfest 2003.  Kamado Mate was the first to market a kamado rotisseries (all stainless steel) that one could use with the hood closed.  It turned into The Joetisserie,  I don't think there is any doubt that a kamado rotisserie has become an established accessory for kamado cooking.  Because BGE has Trademarked the Eggtisserie name (as of March 28, 2017), I'd guess they will be introducing one soon to compete with the Joetisserie.  Just a hunch no matter that they have maintained on their website, that a rotisserie is not necessary on an Egg.Related image
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Very interesting
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hey @paqman someone in your neck of the woods is selling this vintage toy, interesting ...

This vintage setup was a tradition for many years at my Aunt's house. A tradition that is dearly missed. Always spinning on the counter top with basting brush and bowl sitting next to it. Everyone would baste it when they walked by.
    We are not talking small turkey either. I never would have believed it possible to pull off the size bird that was spun on this thing. The whole house smelled AMAZING!
    We did burn out several power cord/packs over the years but the cooker itself was tough.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I'm surprised no one knew about this.  BGE had a rotisserie for their units back in 2003, called of course, the EGG-Tisserie.  Picture shows it on display at Eggfest 2003.  Kamado Mate was the first to market a kamado rotisseries (all stainless steel) that one could use with the hood closed.  It turned into The Joetisserie,  I don't think there is any doubt that a kamado rotisserie has become an established accessory for kamado cooking.  Because BGE has Trademarked the Eggtisserie name (as of March 28, 2017), I'd guess they will be introducing one soon to compete with the Joetisserie.  Just a hunch no matter that they have maintained on their website, that a rotisserie is not necessary on an Egg.Related image
    I WANT IT!!!!
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    I had a large 5 burner gasser with rotisserie and gave it plus a KLOS offset away when wife gave me an XL and now have small gasser Q220 and 22 webber kettle.  When I had the rotisserie I used it a lot at first then quit as it was not good for everything and not what I cooked most.  If I wanted a rotisserie then I would get either a gasser with a radiant burner for it on the side to prevent flameups or a webber/rotisserie setup for but I would not use one on my XL because when I would use it I would also like to do the things the egg is better for at the same time. Trying to make the egg into a one size fits all eventually reduce its popularity due to having too much effort to change it for different uses.  The egg plus CGS accessories is a great concept due to not needing to do much effort to get the many great benefits and different cooking techniques.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Your logical and rational explanation makes me illogically amd irrationally want one even more!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Meh. Honestly it sounds like yet another gadget that was designed to fix a problem that doesn’t exist on a kamado style ceramic grill. It’ll be another gadget that won’t be used much after the new wears off and then you’ve got to find somewhere to store it so it can collect the appropriate layer of dust.  ;)
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options

My father-in-law pulls this out every year for prime rib.   Really comes out nice.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    This thread brings back memories of my "Cheapasserie"
    Worked quite well actually. 
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1196556/cheapisserie/p1

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options

I have that and still use it............My grandmothers and she always had a leg of lamb spinning on the Kitchen Table , works like a champ
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian