Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried the APL Beef Tenderloin - one issue

run53
run53 Posts: 121
I did a beef tenderloin on the BGE last night. The end results were great using the APL recipe. I had only one issue that I'm trying to figure out. Since I am a newbie to the BGE and I was having guests, I decided to forward sear the tenderloin on my gasser then move it to indirect on the BGE. The problem I had was with the sear.

When I seared it on the gasser, all the rub stuck to the grates when I turned it. I probably made a rookie mistake somewhere along the line with the sear. I put it on and left it alone for a couple of minutes....maybe I should have waited longer? or perhaps my grates weren't hot enough? I didn't oil my grates...maybe I should have done that? 

Any ideas as to what caused this? Like I said, the end result was great but I feel like it could have been a better crust if the sear went better.

Thanks

Large BGE - 2017
PSWoo with extention
Thermopen and DOT

Boston, Mass

Comments