Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF BOGO black friday

Options

Comments

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Wiens wagyu has some solid product, albeit small outfit and shipping is an absolute killer in some cases. 

-FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Wolfie51sb
    Options
    SRF’s decision to change its business model doesn’t bother me. The fact they repeatedly have come here to blow smoke certainly does.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    @SrfShane,  last time I'll bite for this.  Other options abound.  SRF used to mean something.  You guys have walked into the gutter.
    Shane is no longer with SRF
    Yep.  He said he would send us a bunch of food for NCBB2 last year.  The stuff never came.  
    That was disappointing to say the least. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Costco meats (beef, pork ribs/loins) for me, no reason to stray 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SRF_Sean
    Options
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    @SrfShane,  last time I'll bite for this.  Other options abound.  SRF used to mean something.  You guys have walked into the gutter.
    Yep.  He said he would send us a bunch of food for NCBB2 last year.  The stuff never came.  
    Incredibly sorry, guys. Shane left very suddenly and some of the obligations he made were lost - as he was the only person who was aware of them. It was not intentional on our part.
  • SRF_Sean
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Is it pricing you're concerned about? Or have you seen quality drop? Our absence from the forums? We're genuinely interested in where we're failing you. Thanks.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Sean let me help you understand. The BOGO brisket deal blew everyone away. Really got us excited for the next year. Next year is here and the deal is not as sweet. The BOGO deals are not on the particular item(s) some are looking for. So, let them take their crying towels elsewhere. Everyone knows SRF puts out a top notch product. If the only way you can keep people around is giving them the deal of the century then you don’t need them/can’t afford them anyway. Trust me, the clients you need are not the ones who are willing to separate themselves from you and your product because they don’t agree with your marketing plan. Keep in mind who you are dealing with here. A lot of folks just want to bash anything and everything at the slightest issue. That’s not going to change. Your product is expensive. Your product is some of the best on the market. You are in business for a profit. Do what you do, keep the product top notch, service top notch and your clients will be there for many years to come. Don’t let a few clowns make you feel you are doing something wrong. Your product is not for everyone and I’m sure you know that. For those of us who don’t mind spending what it cost to have your product, we will continue to do business with you. It’s that simple. You will never make everyone happy. Especially here!
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SRF_Sean said:
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    Incredibly sorry, guys. Shane left very suddenly and some of the obligations he made were lost - as he was the only person who was aware of them. It was not intentional on our part.
    Thanks Sean.  We understand.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you're price shopping the strips come out to $20 lb. An excellent price for prime esp this prime. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I am not a fan of Wagyu. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SRF_Sean said:
    bgebrent said:
    Is it pricing you're concerned about? Or have you seen quality drop? Our absence from the forums? We're genuinely interested in where we're failing you. Thanks.

A little hyperbole that included sarcasm. I’ll still shop with y’all on occasion. Good to see you involved. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SRF_Sean said:
    bgebrent said:

A little hyperbole that included sarcasm. I’ll still shop with y’all on occasion. Good to see you involved. 
    Having a hard time finding the hyperbole OR sarcasm here. You called them out, they stepped up to the plate. Don’t hide like a little puppy or act like you didn’t call them out. Speak your mind tough guy. Let this company know how they can better assist you. Let them know what you expect. They actually do care. 
    Snellville, GA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    What a douche. Not your fight. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Friday on Monday
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Fight? Who’s fighting? The company got called out and came here to find out what the issue was and everyone folds. Be sincere, be real. Sorry to call out your boy but I think he can handle his own business. 
    Snellville, GA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Let's hope they have some "supplies" that last a bit.
    bgebrent said:
    @SRF's absence here is telling.  Resting on laurels.
    bgebrent said:
    DMW said:
    So they marked up choice briskets to wagyu prices and offered half off. Am I missing something? 
    Certainly seems that way.
    Looks like some pretty specific stuff to me. 

Marking up choice to sell half off. Supplies that don't last very long. Lack of participation where there used to be(obviously rectified). 

Maybe you don't understand hyperbole, being a dawgfan and all.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Fight? Who’s fighting? The company got called out and came here to find out what the issue was and everyone folds. Be sincere, be real. Sorry to call out your boy but I think he can handle his own business. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SRF_Sean said:
    bgebrent said:

Having a hard time finding the hyperbole OR sarcasm here. You called them out, they stepped up to the plate. Don’t hide like a little puppy or act like you didn’t call them out. Speak your mind tough guy. Let this company know how they can better assist you. Let them know what you expect. They actually do care. 
    I hope you check your blood pressure.  

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Doing your turkey mad max style there Brent??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Still not seeing the hyperbole nor the sarcasm? I clearly understand the meaning of both. Exactly what statement was being sarcastic? 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Bottom line is he came here to find out what the problem is and to talk to you guys that have an issue so he could possibly make you happy. And look what he got in return. It was sarcastic and not meant to be take literally. Give me a break. Man the Fk up. That’s my.02 and I’ll leave it at that. 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Bottom line is he came here to find out what the problem is and to talk to you guys that have an issue so he could possibly make you happy. And look what he got in return. It was sarcastic and not meant to be take literally. Give me a break. Man the Fk up. That’s my.02 and I’ll leave it at that. 
    I PMd him.  Me and him are fine, as he’s offered to make up for it.  I think you’re making a big deal out of not much of anything.  Just my $0.02.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    See EggDick is trying to make matters much more than what they are. 

Funny how he wants someone to man up, but he calls so me one out for doing such. C'mon EggDick. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Perhaps you have problems with chronological order as well.  Brent's comment was 3 days ago.  First response to anyone was today. :i_dunno:
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Go back to the beginning. Read the posts. Then let me know who’s making a big deal. I’m just calling it as I see it. If you are going to talk shít about a company, or anyone for that matter, don’t turtle up when the guy comes to genuinely try and help the situation. Give your thoughts in a productive manner so that he can help wipe your tears and possibly even prevent them from happening again. 
    Snellville, GA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lol
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Go back to the beginning. Read the posts. Then let me know who’s making a big deal. I’m just calling it as I see it. If you are going to talk shít about a company, or anyone for that matter, don’t turtle up when the guy comes to genuinely try and help the situation. Give your thoughts in a productive manner so that he can help wipe your tears and possibly even prevent them from happening again. 
    I wish they had more substantial and meaningful sales.  I hope this doesn't look blurry as I'm tearful while typing.  Thank you for being the shepherd of the Internet.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
     No need to thank me Brent. It would just be nice when people publicly bash someone that they had the balls to stand up for what they feel when addressed. Not put it off as if it was just a joke and didn’t really mean it. That’s all. No need to get upset. I do enjoy the name calling though. Shows the maturity level of a person. Eggdick out. 
    Snellville, GA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I stand by my criticism. You're a douche. 

How's that?
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Jason what does chronological order have anything to do with this? You must have gone to tech or sumpin. Try and keep up man. It doesn’t matter how long it took SRF to post on a thread on the BGE forum. You think they sit around and babysit you just waiting for a chance to chime in? Doubtful. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Oh boy, let me tell you, that hurts deeeep. Any more that can top that? I’m all ears.
    Snellville, GA