Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF BOGO black friday

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Man, I thought I was bad with my emails...

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Let's hope they have some "supplies" that last a bit.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    bgebrent said:
    Let's hope they have some "supplies" that last a bit.
    It's mostly the Double R stuff. I think they have black grade flat iron and ribeye eye steaks.
  • zman51
    zman51 Posts: 133
    Hmm. Just for shats and giggles I entered promo code on a brisket and sure enough it put two in cart at same price. So I placed the order.
    Central Florida
  • I'm in for 6 racks of the Korbuta pork ribs
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • thank you for sharing

Tampa, FL
  • kbr718
    kbr718 Posts: 74
    I've never ordered from SRF, the briskets on the BOGO are "choice" or better, are they really worth the price even 2 for 1?
    LBGE Chicago, IL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    So they marked up choice briskets to wagyu prices and offered half off. Am I missing something? 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    So they marked up choice briskets to wagyu prices and offered half off. Am I missing something? 
    Certainly seems that way.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited November 2017
    kbr718 said:
    I've never ordered from SRF, the briskets on the BOGO are "choice" or better, are they really worth the price even 2 for 1?
    Good eye- I just noticed they were choice (their RR Ranch brand) as well. I haven't tried the brisket, but it does come out to around $5 a lb. I have tried other RR beef and it was really good. For me personally- I would rather go get CAB Prime for $3.99 a lb. 

Atlanta eggers - PSA - Patton's has the CAB prime on sale for $3.99 a lb. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I have never cooked a brisket, in part, due to inability to find a packer here in PA.  One local butcher carries choice for about $6/lb. So I am getting a couple  of briskets from SRF today. 
    Bucks County, PA
    Minimax, XL, Flameboss 200, Roccbox

• Anybody ever tried the bacon wrapped filets?  Thought about ordering a couple of those.
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    DMW said:
    Certainly seems that way.
    Choice briskets marked up...Shady.  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • SRF is dead to me.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• I just tried to order and the site told me they are not delivering to my area. I’m in Pittsburgh?????  They’ve delivered to me before. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @steel_egg - Give 'em a call.  Their customer service has always been quite responsive. FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    @steel_egg - Give 'em a call.  Their customer service has always been quite responsive. FWIW-
    I hit them up in the chat. Got it figured out. Their site is having issues and they told me what to do. All good now. They were happy to take my money. 
  • I grabbed 4 American Wagyu Gold Grade Top Sirloin-10 oz and got 4 free. With shipping $15/each, I'll throw them in the freezer and save them for later. Doing an SRF prime rib for Thanksgiving, got it "on sale"... :)
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • bgebrent
    @SrfShane,  last time I'll bite for this.  Other options abound.  SRF used to mean something.  You guys have walked into the gutter.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    bgebrent said:
    @SrfShane,  last time I'll bite for this.  Other options abound.  SRF used to mean something.  You guys have walked into the gutter.
    Shane is no longer with SRF
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    I'm not good with names Dwayne.  I knew that.  Is it SRF Dwayne? =)
  • bgebrent
    @SRF's absence here is telling.  Resting on laurels.
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Might grab some steaks for after holidays.

first year ive gone without a purchase from them.. SRF is pretty much dead mostly.. Hate it cause their product is usually solid  but hit or miss. Never a bargain, so i suspect they fade off in couple years. We arent the only community who has seen this.

Gonna cut my own again this yr and skip their prime rib. Brisket is never on sale, so ive moved to the smaller guys now
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888

bgebrent said:
    @SRF's absence here is telling.  Resting on laurels.
    @SRF_Sean id the new tag. Remember it cause its my name too
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • I have ordered 1 steak from srf, a double r cowboy ribeye. It was nothing spectacular for the price tag. Looks like they are hoping their name gets them continued business. 

I think im gonna fence off some acreage and turn some calves loose and wait a year or so for the steaks to grow. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    Yep.  He said he would send us a bunch of food for NCBB2 last year.  The stuff never came.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • FATC1TY said:

first year ive gone without a purchase from them.. SRF is pretty much dead mostly.. Hate it cause their product is usually solid  but hit or miss. Never a bargain, so i suspect they fade off in couple years. We arent the only community who has seen this.

Gonna cut my own again this yr and skip their prime rib. Brisket is never on sale, so ive moved to the smaller guys now
    Any recommendations?  
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    steel_egg said:
    FATC1TY said:

Any recommendations?  
    @FATC1TY. +1
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    DMW said:
    bgebrent said:
    Yep.  He said he would send us a bunch of food for NCBB2 last year.  The stuff never came.  
    I remember reading about that promise.  I assumed it happened.  Bummer.  Over promise and under deliver is pretty common occurrence these days with lots of companies.  Sad state.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    You wern’t In the GT marketing ciriculum where you? 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow