Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT--- I am officially retired---OT

Options
2»

Comments

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Congrats!  The first 3 days of retirement are the hardest!  After that, as has been stated previously, for the rest of your life, every day is Saturday!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Congrats man!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Congrats!  The first 3 days of retirement are the hardest!  After that, as has been stated previously, for the rest of your life, every day is Saturday!!
    I assumed Saturdays were hated among the retirees. The working stiffs clogging up the lakes, golf courses, etc. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Actually if you want to see your former coworkers or anyone not yet retired you still have to wait for the weekend.
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    I assumed Saturdays were hated among the retirees. The working stiffs clogging up the lakes, golf courses, etc. 
    Nah.... There are 5 "non-clogged up" Saturdays and when things start getting "clogged up" it's time for a mental time realignment knowing it's a weekend or maybe a holiday! ;)
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Actually if you want to see your former coworkers or anyone not yet retired you still have to wait for the weekend.
    I don't like any of mine that much for that jazz.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    LOL...  The week days are the best for exactly these reasons... @DoubleEgger
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the best durn vacation you ever had. Enjoy the time doing whatever you all decide is most important TODAY. Look forward to seeing more of your cooks. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Congratulations!  Retired railroader here too.  42 years was enough.  Retirement to me IS everything it's cracked up to be.  However, you'll probably be so busy that you will be asking yourself, "How did I ever have time to get all this done while I was working?"
    Bucky925 congrats it’s a great feeling. I did 30 on my RR, ’ve been out 13 soon to be 14 years. I started out as a bartender, moved to the Signal Dept. became a Supervisor and retired as a project manager in charge of one of the biggest projects in NY state the East Side Access project. Remember your motto is now “Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday”. You are so correct with the RR retirement system. Most people have no idea what it is or how much more we paid into it as opposed to Social Security. Nor do they know about the holidays, weekends and nights we spent away from our families.

Hoosier_Smoker do I get royalties since you used my handle in your post? LMAO
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Congratulations time to really enjoy life!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Congrats again.  And may I add that you may want to check out this site.  I read it daily and there are lots of very knowledgeable people that are quick to help and answer questions.  Much like this site.

www.early-retirement.org

Just a fan of the site.  Anybody retired, nearing retirement or planning an early retirement, that site is a wealth of knowledge from people doing and who have done the same. 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I don't like any of mine that much for that jazz.  
    There is a difference between coworkers and management. I didn’t work 34 years at one place and hate everything and everyone about it.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Congratulations!!!  What an awesome time for you and the family.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    congrats, bucky925 2.0 has just been released......

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • littlerascal56
    Options

Congratulations....you made it to the finish line!  I am on my 40th year at an Electric & Gas Utility, and still have 3 to go (to 65). Looking forward to giving them back the cell phone and sleeping at night!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm not that far behind you in age, but I don't think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Congrats!

Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Congratulations, Bucky!  
    2 years to go for me.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Congrats. I’m about your age and we just took a couple of steps toward making it possible to retire in 10 years or so. Enjoy it. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Markarm4119
    Options
    Congrats on retirement ! I am still a few years away.
    Enjoy midday naps, getting drunk by noon on a Wednesday, staying up late on a Tuesday night and enjoy it, you've earned it !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    As soon as the children get out of school, I think I might start considering it. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great to hear.  Much more time for egging.  Every night is Friday night on the forum to you.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Congratulations.   I am very envious, as I have 8-10 years to go.   Enjoy every day.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Congrats!  That's awesome that you can retire early.  Enjoy every day!

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Smoker317
    Options
    Congrats!!!  I can go in 3 but will probably keep working for another 6.  Will be nice to reach the KMA date though!
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone