Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Your first concert

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    U2 Joshua Tree @ Carver Hawkeye Arena Iowa City  87’, I think. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    The Eagles, Hotel California tour. Riverfront stadium Cincinnati 1976. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Weird Al Yankovic, at the county fair, 1985.  He dressed up in scrubs and sang “Like A Surgeon” and it was the best moment my 7 year old life.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I saw Joan Jett at the Boy Scout Jamboree in 89. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    My son and I both love Foo Fighters.....saw them in Atlanta a couple years ago. They're great but Grohl cusses a lot. Not that I care but it was an eye opener for an 11 year old. Just bought tickets to their April show when they return. Enjoy! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Nazareth 1977. Warnor’s theater Fresno CA
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My first was Creedence Clearwater Revival back in 1968....
    Way jealous of this one.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • dannys
    dannys Posts: 164
    Options
    REO Speedwagon, Blue Oyster Cult and Aerosmith at the Cape Cod Coliseum.
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Van Halen 1978
    Gittin' there...
  • PoppasGrill
    Options
    Can’t believe i’m Posting this....Air Supply....Worlds fair... New Orleans ‘84.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    This list is full of epic concerts/tours.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Likely Jerry Lee Lewis at Astroworld w my Mom at about 13.  First concert I went to I chose to attend was Journey with Loverboy opening.

Summit in Houston Texas (Now Joel Olsteens Church) ~fall 1981.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Pure Prairie League, followed by Little Feat.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Toad the Wet Sprocket at Colby College in Waterville, ME.  Sometime in the fall of 1994.  Don’t remember a lot, but the chick who sang for the opening act had clearly watched the Losing My Religion video WAY too much, because she twirled like Michael Stipe for their entire set.

First we took the kid to was Emmylou Harris at Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA.  Hers was better than mine.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Here's an unusual one.  My Dad was big shot at the Masonic Temple in downtown Detroit.  He took the whole family to see Guy Lombardo & the Royal Canadians there.  I think it was like 1973-1975.  Somewhere in there.  My Dad listened to classical and Big Band music, so I recognized some of the numbers he played.  Auld Lang Syne was their signature. 

I went to the bathroom during the show & "got lost".  Had a pretty cool unsupervised exploration of the old Masonic Temple.  I kept thinking what a great haunted house it would be!
    Flint, Michigan
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    My first concert was Oingo Boingo at the newly built Delta Center in Salt Lake City (Utah Jazz arena).  It was October 1991.  I remember it well because not only was it my first concert, it was the first concert in the Delta Center as well.  We sort of have had a connection ever since.  Went to a Utah Jazz/Brooklyn Nets game there last night in fact.
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Pure Prairie League ,, early '70's, Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO
    Some comic opened that I'd never heard of.  A guy named Steve Martin. 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • OhioEgger
    Options
    Kingston Trio, 1966. Loved those guys.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Joe Walsh. About 1975. Electric Light Orchestra the next week. Rock on. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • Holepuncher
    Options
     Bread with Stephen bishop opening for them. Nashville's Municipal Auditorium 1975.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • gabriegger
    Options
    June 1972, 12 yrs old, Arvida Québec.  Mash Makan (and as the years go by true love will never die), Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush & April Wine.  Canada eh?  

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Durangler said:
    I hear ya.  Some of those opening acts are just flash in the pans.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Durangler said:
    I hear ya.  Some of those opening acts are just flash in the pans.

About a year later, I'm watching SNL. Here's this comic, same guy, same basic routine. The rest is history. Funny  guy.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited November 2017
    Options
    blasting said:

@theyolksonyou @TN_Egger

How the heck to you guys remember the year/month 29 and  39 years ago?

Oh I remember alright...dad dropped us off, mom picked us up...my date was the cutest 14 year old in the school - but it's ok, because I was only 15.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Boileregger
    Options
    Stucci62 said:
    My first concert was Guns n Roses when I was 12.  My wife and I just took our 4 year old son to his first concert which was the Foo Fighters in Richmond, Va a couple weeks ago.  He loved it up until he fell asleep!!!
    Yeah we were a little concerned about it being too late for our 8 year old too.  But then I said what the hell, you only live once.  Glad you had a great time.
  • morrobayrich
    Options
    Hard to even come close to YukonRon's entry.

My first was Pete Seeger/Sonny Terry/Brownie McGee in Berkeley in 1962.  No matter what anyone says, these were the icons of folk.
    Morro Bay, CA
  • Boileregger
    Options
    My son and I both love Foo Fighters.....saw them in Atlanta a couple years ago. They're great but Grohl cusses a lot. Not that I care but it was an eye opener for an 11 year old. Just bought tickets to their April show when they return. Enjoy! 
    Yes we have already had the conversation about not repeating words Dave says on stage...
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Boston. Vets Memorial. Columbus, Ohio 1977?
    New Albany, Ohio