Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Pineapple

Options
I have seen threads for grilled pineapples….having trouble finding it on the forum.

Looking for some help on your best recipes please!

Thanks!

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    You can do almost any way, pineapple is pretty forgiving. 

I usually sprinkle Dizzy Pig pineapple head or combine it with Jamaican Firewalk. (Makes it spicy...great on Hawaiian chicken sandwich pineapples, can brush with teriyaki at the end)

you can wrap in bacon and brown sugar. 

You can joetisserie them. Stick other fruits or pork inside. 

Or soak them in rum, grill slices raised direct at 350. Just watch the flames. Serve over ice cream. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    I sprinkle cinnamon on it and heat it until it's warm and softens a little - about 20 minutes at 350 if you used pretty big chunks.  We eat it as a healthy dessert.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    With Dizzy Pineapple Head.... family loves it
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,302
    Options
    Soak it in Fireball liquor, sprinkle it with brown sugar and grill raised direct.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You can do almost any way, pineapple is pretty forgiving. 

I usually sprinkle Dizzy Pig pineapple head or combine it with Jamaican Firewalk. (Makes it spicy...great on Hawaiian chicken sandwich pineapples, can brush with teriyaki at the end)

you can wrap in bacon and brown sugar. 

You can joetisserie them. Stick other fruits or pork inside. 

Or soak them in rum, grill slices raised direct at 350. Just watch the flames. Serve over ice cream. 
    I am a big plus one on the Dizzy Pineapple Head. Almost the best head you can get. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

I am a big plus one on the Dizzy Pineapple Head. Almost the best head you can get. 
    @northGAcock ALMOST....indeed

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• PBandJ
    PBandJ Posts: 92
    Options
    These were brushed with rum and sprinkled with cinnamon. Turned out very good. 

Woodbridge, Va.
  • northGAcock
    Options

@northGAcock ALMOST....indeed
    Panther man just needs to order the Pineapple Head from Dizzy Pig and see where it takes him. Always get excellent results. You guys got a baby yet?

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    DP Pineapple Head, and grill it......that's it.

There were some guys making some stuffed pineapple at Eggtoberfest.  The line was a mile long, but it sure looked good.
  • Stuss
    Stuss Posts: 75
    Options
    Concensus says DP Pineapple Head……. Got it!

Thank you!
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Stuss said:
    Concensus says DP Pineapple Head……. Got it!

Thank you!
    You will find great joy!

• Aubie1
    Aubie1 Posts: 436
    edited February 2019
    Options
    A little soy sauce will do wonders for pineapple on the grill.

If I'm grilling tuna I normally will grill pineapple as a side. I prepare a marinade for the tuna consisting of 1 cup soy sauce, 1 cup local honey, and 1 tbsp mince ginger.
    I always drizzle a little of the marinade on the pineapple and use the remainder for the tuna.
    XL BGE and L BGE
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    We like to do a grilled pineapple and roasted  jalapeño salsa with pickled red onions.  It’s great on tacos.  When we grill the pineapple just like most everyone else we use Dizzy Pig pineapple head, but also sprinkle on a little ancho chili powder.  Try it some time.   
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2